• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Elite Line TX 2250

TIN_CAN

Nov 23, 2011
Hello all, I have had this amp since 1991 and its been in storage since 1996 as it stopped working, well it powers up, the preamp works, and when i key up I can here the relay click and draws less then a few amps, I had a peek inside and see a diode that seems to be burnt near one of the finals, I am just wondering if this is my problem??

cimg0458rr.jpg

cimg0457e.jpg

cimg0459g.jpg

WOW, there is some seriously sloppy soldering in there. I don't think that's a burned diode. Looks more like a toasted resistor. You can still see the gold tolerance band on one end. You may need the schematic to replace it with the correct value. The resistor at the end of the negative power wire looks like it's buried in solder too.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes excuse my ignorance its not a diode it is a resistor, tell i am not a tech when it come to these things...lol well i will take it in to the shop and see i guess, Hope its not the finals burnt on it.

Probably the same value as the one on the other side. Looks like brown, black, black maybe. 10 ohms if I remember my color codes.

just replace the fuse 10 amps the red part for 30amps good luck

Lol, I Jessie James has the right idea.

Replace both output transistors and that 10 ohm resistor and it will most likely work again.

This amp has been hit with too much drive and the burned resistor is indication of that.

WOW, there is some seriously sloppy soldering in there. I don't think that's a burned diode. Looks more like a toasted resistor. You can still see the gold tolerance band on one end. You may need the schematic to replace it with the correct value. The resistor at the end of the negative power wire looks like it's buried in solder too.

That is an rf choke which appears to be fine and he can clean that up when he replaces the output transistors.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.