• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Elkins 4 tube amp

tripple one

Dec 11, 2019
I have a 4 tube Elkins amp with two transterts in the keying crecket one is a Itt 25222 A the outher is a EN2 ???? Need to know the other noumber For the transiter

I suspect the transistor is a common 2N2222A generic NPN transistor. RatShack used to sell those.

Ray did not make schematic diagrams available. His designs evolved over the years. If you compare two amplifiers that have the same set of tubes, there will nearly always be differences under the deck.

The tubes he used were dictated by economics. The types he could buy in quantity for a good price were different from year to year.

The exact type tubes in your amplifier would have more to do with what year it was made than anything else.

I suspect the transistor is a common 2N2222A generic NPN transistor. RatShack used to sell those.

Ray did not make schematic diagrams available. His designs evolved over the years. If you compare two amplifiers that have the same set of tubes, there will nearly always be differences under the deck.

The tubes he used were dictated by economics. The types he could buy in quantity for a good price were different from year to year.

The exact type tubes in your amplifier would have more to do with what year it was made than anything else.

Thank you Normon I know the 2n 222a Is I just got a good one. I need to find The Outher one its marked EN2 and the tres id marker out was wanting to know what to replace it with TY

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.