• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

EMF and You

Raccoon

Oct 27, 2005
www.youtube.com
So I bought an EMF detector today , and I immediately started checking out some things around the house . Of course the typical things set it off ... outlets , the microwave , the modem , the computers .... etc , etc .

But the thing that surprised me was the power supply that I've been using to run my main radio . The EMF was picking it up 3 to 4 feet away from the power supply , from in front of the desk ... and it was detecting it all the way around my desk , and above my desk . Keep in mind my desk is 4 feet wide , and it detected the power supply 6 inches away from both sides of it . As soon as I shut off the power supply , it stopped .

This thing is covering a larger area with EMF , than my microwave does . Does anyone know exactly how bad it can be for a person to be exposed to that much EMF for HOURS everyday ? This was easily covering a 5ft X 5ft square area ... side to side , front to back ... and above .

Reactions: Christopher17

Who funds studies? Who will benefit? “Science” is a for-profit taxpayer subsidy.

I’ve no real problem, for example, with oil shale fracking. Mini-nukes and all. But, I’d never live in the downstream water shed. Claims are that groundwater isn’t affected. Okay, but why no studies?

Electricians die at an earlier age (all else controlled).

EMF can’t be other than long-term deleterious. But one won’t escape it. Your step of using a detector is one that’s just ahead of me. I plan to thoroughly survey my home. And look over the vehicles.

There are articles on using better quality devices (1); and building shields around yet others (2); where examples exist as pics online and for purchase (3) .

The bedroom really does need a clean-up. No TV or cellphones, computers, etc. Start with what the room is for. Don’t let crap wander thru your home.

The electric mains to the house are a subject to themselves.
Split the problem at the meter: Mains versus House

Get rid of “convenience” (if you want advice). No remotes. No automatic devices. Especially no Alexa and the like.

Then, a survey of what is powered on every circuit? Draw a diagram of EACH circuit in the house. Separate sheet. What’s there?

Examine home from the standpoint of electrical flow. From panel inwards. Not from outlet backwards to panel (which is our tendency).

There are all kinds of RF devices for sale. See the advice given for HOW they work. Extrapolate your own remediation.

1). “Dirty” electricity into the house.
2). Devices connected that make a circuit or circuits worse.
3). Reasonable remediation.

What’s reasonable is for you to define & defend.

So I bought an EMF detector today , and I immediately started checking out some things around the house . Of course the typical things set it off ... outlets , the microwave , the modem , the computers .... etc , etc .

But the thing that surprised me was the power supply that I've been using to run my main radio . The EMF was picking it up 3 to 4 feet away from the power supply , from in front of the desk ... and it was detecting it all the way around my desk , and above my desk . Keep in mind my desk is 4 feet wide , and it detected the power supply 6 inches away from both sides of it . As soon as I shut off the power supply , it stopped .

This thing is covering a larger area with EMF , than my microwave does . Does anyone know exactly how bad it can be for a person to be exposed to that much EMF for HOURS everyday ? This was easily covering a 5ft X 5ft square area ... side to side , front to back ... and above .

Did your EMF detector come with a free tin foil hat? Asking for a friend.

So what happens when you key up your CB with the KiloWatt amp behind it?

So what happens when you key up your CB with the KiloWatt amp behind it?

I said the power supply that I've been using to run my "main radio" was emitting a high level of EMF ... I didn't say what radio it was running , which was probably because I'm "ALSO" a General Class amateur operator . ;)

Reactions: Slowmover
I bought an EMF detector for my 11 year old son to look for ghosts. He loves it. Whatever ghost hunter show he watches they hosts claim that ghosts may give off an EM field.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowmover
I said the power supply that I've been using to run my "main radio" was emitting a high level of EMF ... I didn't say what radio it was running , which was probably because I'm "ALSO" a General Class amateur operator . ;)
Well dude welcome to the nut house from an Extra Class Amateur. You would be surprised at how many people freak out about EMF. One that worries me is the
"Inductive Cook tops".
Now you claimed to be a General Class, What is your call sign.

Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.