• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Emperor 3010

swp411

Jan 5, 2016
Hello folks, i have recently just got an antenna back up in the air and i dug out an old 3010.
The transmit on all modes is working fine, the receive is working properly on am but the upper AND lower side band receive is very low. It is still receiving on frequency.

I have to turn the volume up quite a bit to hear strong signals and I am not sure if it would hear any lower ones at all.

Could anyone point me in the right direction before i go digging into this radio?
I thought this might be a easy fix if anyone had this issue before....

Thanks for your time.

here is a service manual if you do not have it yet. try to do the alignment and see if any thing comes back up. the radio being as old as it is may have some bad caps in it. you may have to recap it 1st just to find out what section is not working properly. I would run the alignment 1st to see if some one has been inside trying to peak the radio and got some thing off.

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/emperor/ts3010/graphics/emperor_ts_3010_sm.pdf

Reactions: Robb
thank you @sonoma, i was just looking around over there. This rig worked when i put it away, no one has been in it turning everything to the right ( haha ), worth a shot though. It just seems odd that the AM is fine, but BOTH sidebands are low on receive.

the worst thing for radios. is
letting them sit. you end up with issues bad caps.take a look at the capacitors see if any look dried out bulging.i would start there..

Reactions: 222DBFL
Yep. If you own more then one radio, best thing to do is pull them out every so often and use them for a spell.
It's like a boat motor or a motorcycle or mower engine. Don't run them and they go to crap most of the time.
Heck even if you just plug the radio in and turn it on and let it just sit, it wouldn't hurt.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?