1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile End Fired Phased Array Antenna

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by LeapFrog, Mar 24, 2017.

1. LeapFrog

LeapFrog Wielding Hanlon's Razor

That is what I found in the wiki article, 1/4 wavelength spacing. (y)

2. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas Sr. Member

I didn't notice the pics this morning. Have you saw the undertaker hearse with the maco m105s and the tower raised? He tubbed out the rear fenders and put a rear end out of a dually pick up under it to hold the weight.

3. LeapFrog

This bad boy right here?

Just found the video searching for a hearse with maco!
    Cool Idea, the undertaker 71 Olds with tower and m105!
    What a bad @ss machine, a "mobile hammer". (y):)

I think my little QRM issue would "work itself out" if I had one of these bod boys!
    Also I think the "Jesus is coming" theme suits my needs as well. :whistle::sneaky:
    I would hate to "copy his idea" but dang I think I can find an old hearse for cheap.

If anyone would like to see more footage of this beast-mode hearse, UndertakerInTX is on YouTube.

#18 LeapFrog, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  4. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas Sr. Member

He had 2 m105s on it at one time. Last I heard of him he bought an AC suburban. I hear him on ch15 every now and then but no idea what he's talking on. He always has the cuckoo clock key up toy.

5. ChrisBama351

ChrisBama351 Member

Old post but This is awesome.
    Anyone sill here? Brake brake...
    The chart is for horizontal? How much difference would the vertical look like?

Is there a good, free, easy antenna pattern program to see the patterns of different possible setups? Like if You take this 180 degree out of phase array and add a reflector or director or both. How would the pattern change? That would be kool to play around with.

Is there a way to see the pattern for my actual antenna setup?
    or will an analyser, app, or other devise show my actual pattern?
    How do I know what my setup is real world doing rather than what a computer calculates the pattern to be? I might have a unwanted null? That's different than an unwanted station which is where we want the null. lol

180 degrees out of phase is half electrical wavelength is that right?
    Which is approximately 12 ft with vf .66 on 27.205? is this correct?
    Thanks for all the great info!
    72's Ala"Bama" in Colorado

6. The DB

The DB Sr. Member

I'm still here, and thanks for liking my older post.

The chart is actually for vertical antennas.

I use the 4nec2 modeling program for things like this. It is free and pretty powerful. If you have any questions about 4nec2 or modeling, just ask.

I've been known to use a field strength meter to confirm the basic pattern of the antenna. Its not precise, but you can see where the peaks and nulls are.

It will be a little under 12 feet in length.

The DB

7. 7oh7

7oh7 BANNED

the guy posting / selling this info on amazon is not the original source for the document. I have acquired it else where 3 years ago. For the sake of the hobby and public knowledge, here's the info. Enjoy and hope to hear you on the air.

Attached Files:

Shadetree Mechanic and LeapFrog like this.
  8. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

That Is just disrespectful.....................

7oh7 likes this.
  9. 7oh7

7oh7 BANNED

your telling me.

10. LeapFrog

Thank You 7oh7!

7oh7 likes this.
  11. 711

711 Well-Known Member

That book has been out for over 10 Years now and free. If he’s selling it , that’s like people selling air in a bottle .

7oh7 likes this.
  12. 7oh7

7oh7 BANNED

[​IMG]

13. Hogie583

Hogie583 Member

Revive an old thread. Can multiples of a half wave be used instead of half wave feed line to the First antenna...?

14. wavrider

wavrider W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Hogie electrically yes you can use multiple of 1/2 wl but the longer the length the more critical the measurements will be due to nature of the capacitance in the coax,

Cut it a little long and trim to what you need

7oh7 likes this.
  15. Hogie583

Hogie583 Member

Thank you very much! I didn't want to get stuck using 11 feet 11inch when i actually need 30 feet to get to transmitter. I totally understand 90degrees phase feeding the 2nd antenna! Going to try this in a stealth location. It would be perfect for what i have in mind. See im in south Florida. On the ocean. I want to transmit west nortwest! This would be perfect! Also going to try a moxon... horizontally polarized it should quiet the noise floor a bit to. Going to put both up at 20 feet. Thats as high as i can go Hoa crap! Any higher they will see it..