• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ERF9530 suppliers

Hawkeye351

Jun 27, 2021
First off, I hope everyone had a safe, peaceful and enjoyable Thanksgiving this year, and I hope the best for your upcoming Christmas holiday.

My question is,
Does anyone know of any place to purchase ERF9530 transistors for use in the RFX95HD amps?

I've done over a dozen installs of these devices and they have proven to be great additions to any less than 40w rigs. Great gain, both on signal and audio.

I've had 2 come back due to negligence from the end user. I don't recommend using variable keys with these devices due to MOSFETs not agreeing with voltage shifts to well and due to end users desires to crank the key up above the save level. We all have those that just won't listen. I also don't recommend the use of power mics with these devices as the audio drive could possibly overdrive the device. Most of my users have switched to stock SuperStar handmics as their preferred mic of choice and they're very pleased with the results. But again, we all have those that just won't listen. And that leads me to asking for suppliers of these transistors or known substitutes of the 9530.

I've tried IRFP-260N transistors to no avail, undoubtedly not compatible with this device.

Where do you guys get your replacement ERF9530s, or what would be a known working substitute for the 9530s?

Thank you all in advance...
Peace out...

I don't understand why the IRFP-260N would not work in place of the ERF9530.

The specs seem very close to each other, not much difference at all.

Here is the IRFP260N Data:

And here is the ERF9530 Data:

As you can see, there isn't much difference in the 2, although there are some differences.

Unless I need to do some slight circuit changes on the RFX95HD in order for the 260N to work in place of the 9530. But I would need guidance on that issue.

Thank you shockwave,
I looked into those sources, and it seems they do have them in stock. I may have to try some from Roosters. Thank you for that list.

As far as my above comment on trying the 260N previously, all I did was replace a blown 9530 with a 260N without adjusting anything and all I got out of it was around 30w peak briefly until power gradually dropped out. Maybe I should try another 260N (since I bought an entire sleeve of them for this specific purpose) and adjust the gate voltage this time to see what comes to be. If there is still a no go on it then I will grab a few 9530s from Roosters and go from there.

Thank you again Shockwave.

So the 260N should work in place of the 9530, or no it won't?

Thank you nomad, you guys have helped me along so much on this site and I value y'all's knowledge.

Does this look suspicious to you guys?
Tested in circuit shows 47.8 ohms, but seems to be cracked, unless it's just a visual defect.
IMG_20231129_121819553_HDR.jpg

Rest of the topside:
Do you guys see anything suspicious, other than that cracked resistor (it tests as 47.8 ohms.
IMG_20231129_122119047_HDR.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.