• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ever had one of those days?

The part about the shirt catching on fire was actually pretty funny.

I was helping someone put a transmission in their car couple of decades ago. I was reaching down from inside the hood to remove the starter motor bolts. The engine was still pretty hot, since we didn't want to wait around for it to cool off some. I was so focused on getting the bolts out that I didn't realize that my forearm had gotten a massive 3rd degree burn from the exhaust pipe between the engine and the catalytic converter. Just didn't feel it since there are fewer nerves on the outside forearm than there are in your fingertips. Still have a big blotch/white patch on that arm from the scar it left. It is funny now that I look back at it, but it wasn't funny when it happened. . .

Last edited:
Third degree burn a couple decades ago? How many doobies had you partaken in before hand? :laugh: Third degree involves all layers of the skin and penetrates down into the underlying tissue. :eek: You must have been feeling no pain at all that day.

Third degree burn a couple decades ago? How many doobies had you partaken in before hand? :laugh: Third degree involves all layers of the skin and penetrates down into the underlying tissue. :eek: You must have been feeling no pain at all that day.

Nah; no 'doobies'.
Not everyone in CA smokes the herb.
I felt a searing heat but it wasn't that bad, so i just kept on working.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.