• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Everyone's thoughts on the siro m-400 starduster

Bandit14

Mar 15, 2022
What is your thoughts on this antenna I have one up now for a few months and I can shoot skip easier than I ever could with my pt99 antenna that I had up. I just wondered if anyone else has/had 1 and what they thought about it.

Its a take on the Thunderpole 3 which used to be popular in the UK in the 80s when CB and the 1.5 metre maximum antenna length was policed. That used a center loading coil instead of a cap hat (the short radials) like the M400 does.

I've used a M400 for years with good luck and see no reason to change. The only other antenna I might add would be a Beam.

Reactions: Marconi
I had used a NOS Archer 1/4 ground plane antenna for years at my previous house. I was pleased with the performance. Just had to get it up in the air well, I am sure the Star Duster is an improvement over the Radio shack offerings from back in the day, prior to Facebook.

Reactions: whiteastro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.