• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Experts please: Looking for a new antenna solution for my Wrangler

Pic of Gunny jeep.

Jeep_rear_quarter.JPG

i dont have much experience with installs on jeeps . HOWEVER id use this mount
even with your firestick antenna. also lose the spring on the firestick probaly
why swr is high cause it will change your swr somewhat.id use this mount
with either your current firestick or a 10k or 102 whip. the last two will be best for dx.
also reason your antenna is directional is cause it was on the back of vehicle.
mounted dead center on the roof will cure this. but if ya got a soft top then thats out

Was just a generic video. You have to seal your connection to prevent moisture entry into the coax. Use silicone, coax seal putty, or whatever, but you must seal.

What M42 is implying is to wrap the PL-259 connector where it connects with the UHF Female socket (part E in your diagram) to seal the connection from moisture/weather intrusion. You need to wrap it from the UHF Female socket through the PL-259 and an inch or so on to the coax itself. Remember to wrap it from the bottom up (with overlapping turns) so the tape forms a seal like a roof shingle. You don't want the rain to migrate into the tape wrap.

Got it. Thanks guys for your help. I ordered a new coax cable today and I will give the mount setup another shot when the rest of the parts get here. Hopefully get a good reading after that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.