• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Expo Kit B Question......

Hmm. The original "B" kit only went up and down 44 channels, not 45 channels like the bands on an export radio. This placed channel 1 in two places, as the highest "lower" channel, and as the lowest "regular" channel. Likewise, channel 40 showed up with the selector set to "1" on the upper band.

The radio uses a 11.1125 MHz crystal that gets multiplied by three before it gets mixed with the radio's VCO, so 440 kHz divided by 3 is 146.67. So, 11.1125 plus 0.14667 rounds off to 11.259 MHz for the upper frequencies. Subtract 0.14667 from 11.1125 is 10.966, rounded off.

If you wanted the channel numbers on your converted Washington, 142, Tram D300 or such to agree with all the Galaxy/Connex type radios, you would want to add 150 kHz to the original crystal for uppers. That would be 11.2625 Mhz for the upper band, and 10.9625 for the lowers.

thanks NomadRadio, I found a old expo Kit switch laying around with no crystals in it. I want to get those two crystals to install in the Teaberry Stalter IX. Next question, does anybody have these two crystals to sell, or could you send me in the right direction to buy them on line.........thanks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.