• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Export/10 meter radio with good receive and static rejection?

Sounds pretty good to me,maybe back the mic gain down a little like TBA said. I really like my RF 2018 microphone. How far were you from your receiving radio?

I have made recordings of different radios and microphones but have erased them. I need to make a few recordings again and post them.

I have thought about buying a Optima but I already have three sideband radios that work well, so I am thinking of buying a Yaesu 450 so I can listen and maybe one day get into ham radio. It has been too dead for me on the good Ole citizen band lately. But not sure if I would like ham radio.

Reactions: bassman21
I think it sounded so loud because I was less than a mile away. I was literally down the street. Maybe I'll post another one a couple of miles away and a little further from the mic. I did with my other radio and it didn't sound so loud.

CB has been dead in the Houston area too due to their being little skip conditions and not many people out there to begin with. Where I live there are only a couple of people that talk on the CB in my general area. There is some activity on 38 lower SSB, but they are not that close and seem to be very close to one another. Lots of activity at times on channel 19 in other parts of town. Even then it is really only active when two particular CB'ers get out then, one being a radio tech. Then people come out of the woodwork to talk to them. The moment they get off it get quiet other than a few truckers talking side by side that are coworkers talking about something you know nothing about. Lots of fly by night CBers that come and go. I think they get discouraged because the big radios they hear can't hear them and get off. I tell them they need an amp or a base if they want to talk to anyone these days. Even then it takes time to get to know people and to have them remember you.

The real fun on ham is General and Extra class, I'm going to upgrade soon!

Last edited:
I think it sounded so loud because I was less than a mile away. I was literally down the street. Maybe I'll post another one a couple of miles away and a little further from the mic. I did with my other radio and it didn't sound so loud.

CB has been dead in the Houston area too due to their being little skip conditions and not many people out there to begin with. Where I live there are only a couple of people that talk on the CB in my general area. There is some activity on 38 lower SSB, but they are not that close and seem to be very close to one another. Lots of activity at times on channel 19 in other parts of town. Even then it is really only active when two particular CB'ers get out then, one being a radio tech. Then people come out of the woodwork to talk to them. The moment they get off it get quiet other than a few truckers talking side by side that are coworkers talking about something you know nothing about. Lots of fly by night CBers that come and go. I think they get discouraged because the big radios they hear can't hear them and get off. I tell them they need an amp or a base if they want to talk to anyone these days. Even then it takes time to get to know people and to have them remember you.

The real fun on ham is General and Extra class, I'm going to upgrade soon!

I am in and out of Houston all the time. Every once in a while I will hear a little activity on 38lsb, but it has been a while. The cb tech you are talking about is probably t-bone. I hear Rock steady and roadrunner quite a lot in the afternoons. Of course you have a few guys on the east side stirring things up. But even those guys aren't around as much as they have been in the past. I haven't heard that one guy that talks all that smack ,then giggles all the time in a while.

Last edited:
I am in and out of Houston all the time. Every once in a while I will hear a little activity on 38lsb, but it has been a while. The cb tech you are talking about is probably t-bone. I hear Rock steady and roadrunner quite a lot in the afternoons. Of course you have a few guys on the east side stirring things up. But even those guys aren't around as much as they have been in the past. I haven't heard that one guy that talks all that smack ,then giggles all the time in a while.

Me either, maybe someone finally caught up with him and beat him with his whip antenna!

You pretty much nailed it. Those guys livin the channel up, but they also tend to lock it down because they are so popular, especially Rock Steady giving his traffic reports and talking to the truckers around him or one of his buddies in Katy. It's cool when I want to just listen, but talking to them usually consist of saying hi because someone close by them will interrupt. When I'm closer to T-Bone I'll talk to him, but only when he isn't working as he is usually out there to meet up with people for radio work. I actually knew him and hung out with him at his house a lot back in the late 90s. Today I rarely talk to him other than hello as I'm 20 miles away and not really part of the clique anymore! My mobile makes the trip, but the locals I can't even hear make it hard.

BTW I listened to you on the mic. I turned the noise reduction on and turned the gain up a bit, it sounds a lot better now. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Reactions: codeman and 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.