• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

export jackson , export grant mod for 11 mtres

Nov 2, 2013
I have recently acquired 2 brand new in box radios ..president Jackson [black face ]
and president grant [silver face ] both radios are export [U S ]..and say 10 mtrs on box ...now these radios are gold dust and don't want to be inside them any more than I have to ...

President Grant CB-Radio

President Jackson CB-Radio

...I have both of these links but the grant one doesn't say export version ...

am looking for some one who has done the mod for these US IMPORTS ...then it wont get lost in solder hell ..

thanks billy

President Grant CB-Radio

President Grant "Classic" (Grey face, Dual 2312 finals, No ASC, PC999AE board)

Remove white wire from pin foil side of the PLL. Connect cut trace.

Remove second white wire on foil side towards the front of the radio (only other white wire).

Find purple wire behind ABC band switch. This wire is 3 inches long and has an open end with a piece of clear tubing over the end. Connect this wire to board ground. A good place is on the foil side where you took the second white wire off. The spot closest to the front edge is ground.

That’s it! You now have three bands of 40CH's.

Optional
Retune rear slug for max peak power on CH 20. This slug has white wax on the top. It is tuned for 28MHz. Typical 5 watt pep improvement and balanced RF power output across bands.

I don't blame you, might be worth a trip to a good tech and have them tune and align both radios if you don't have the proper equipment to do so. I would love to have either or both of those radios man.

Optional
Retune rear slug for max peak power on CH 20. This slug has white wax on the top. It is tuned for 28MHz. Typical 5 watt pep improvement and balanced RF power output across bands.

Not worth bothering with for the amount of power you'll get. Far better to use an external amplifier. If it isn't at least four times the stock output then the increase isn't worth it because the other end won't notice.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.