• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Export radio(just messing around no important stuff)

Jul 1, 2006
I have always liked Superstar 121's since I was just starting out in CB radio at age 18. Now I am 32 years old(still a newbie) and moved on to just using a non-export Cobra 29. Over the years I have bought Connex 3300's(owned one), Galaxy 33's(owned 2 and had best reports 1 radio did 30 watts,very uncommon).General Lee was the man he did 40 with NP :) I AM JUST WANTING TO GO BACK IN TIME AND BUY THE RADIO i LIKED THE BEST EVEN THOUGH IT'S NOT NEAR THE RADIO OF THE TOP RANGER STYLE EXPORTS. I GUESS I AM JUST RAMBLING ON BUT I TELL YOU WHAT I HAVE BEEN TO MANY(3) DIFFERNT FORUMS(worldwide,1stop, copper) and no doubt Worldwide rules. I am buying 2 Superstar 121's tonight from GIJOES(non converted) and I will convert theses radios and tell you what service I got soon, ok. Merry Christmas You Cb Rambos

The radios you spoke of (except the cobra) are all varriants of the same radios. They use either the 6900 or 3600 series board and are very similar in performance. I get a chuckle every time someone says how much better galaxy is then connex or superstar or vice versa. 90% of the time the two radios being compared have identical boards in them and the only reason one may sound better is either the mic you were using or the way the radio was aligned and tuned! Keep this in mind when buying a radio and compare componets. You may find them to be Identical, then you can make your choice based on best price. The 121 is an excellent radio with an excellent price!

Just food for thought

Yes, your absolutely right. I just assumed the antenna he was using to compare the two rigs was fixed and that it wouldnt be changed out. But yes, a high gain antenna can make a big difference.

dxhound you are right, it's so much in the tune of the radio. The only thing I find funnier yet is all the wild wattage claims people make from their Export radio's and Cobra 29's.

If people only knew how harmonics will fool a peak meter. Put that same radio on a bird or specan and watch the tears. :LOL:

On a side note though, Some impresive numbers can be made out of these chasis, but clipping the limiter or swapping finals isnt going to make a big diff.

Got my radios in today and I really like the service from GiJoes. All I did was convert the radios to CB and that's it for now. Any tricks I can do to this radio besides turning up the modulation VR's?

Why disable the amc? If you want blaring audio that bleeds 10 channels in each dircetion and gets into all your neighbors stuff just crank the amc all the way. This way when you decide you want clean audio that actually sounds good on the air you can just turn it down a tad.

Butcher318 said:
Why disable the amc? If you want blaring audio that bleeds 10 channels in each dircetion and gets into all your neighbors stuff just crank the amc all the way. This way when you decide you want clean audio that actually sounds good on the air you can just turn it down a tad.

Exactly.

DTB Radio said:
Butcher318 said:

Exactly.

You missed my joke. :) AMC=American Movie Classics :p :p
I was being silly!

CWM

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    No conditions woodstown NJ.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place