• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

EXTERMINATING CYOTES

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Anyone on here ever hunt the little b@$+ards?? I had some hit here lastnight and the night before they cleaned out my kids ducks and chickens so the DNR told me that I can thin the pack so to speak.

I had taken the remainder of a chicken they had caught killed and dropped for whatever reason ontop of a metal dog crate on end out in our field and Im hoping they yipe a bit kind of as a doorbell due to the fact that they cant get this bird on the run and keeep going.

I have small dogs that the DNR officer told me would also be extremely eatable to thise scavengers so its time to declair war on these things. The neighbor also has lost turkeys and ducks to these rotten creatures.

I love all animals wild or domestic but enough is enough. Any ideas from experieced hunters of this breed please help with ideas.

Anyone on here ever hunt the little b@$+ards?? I had some hit here lastnight and the night before they cleaned out my kids ducks and chickens so the DNR told me that I can thin the pack so to speak.

I had taken the remainder of a chicken they had caught killed and dropped for whatever reason ontop of a metal dog crate on end out in our field and Im hoping they yipe a bit kind of as a doorbell due to the fact that they cant get this bird on the run and keeep going.

I have small dogs that the DNR officer told me would also be extremely eatable to thise scavengers so its time to declair war on these things. The neighbor also has lost turkeys and ducks to these rotten creatures.

I love all animals wild or domestic but enough is enough. Any ideas from experieced hunters of this breed please help with ideas.
Red light,distressed rabbit call and a case of beer. oh! you'll need a varmit rifle also.

Yup, we have'm here too. Ate one of our cats.
So did alf but everyone loved him
alf.jpg

best defense is a large mean dog.

I was out there an hour ago and nothing them when I was going up the stairs on the porch for the hell of it I pointed in the woods across the driveway and there stood a deer LOL.

It had to have watched me shining the damn field and walk back to the house it was about 30 - 40 yards away but when I got it in my spotlight it scared me LOL my gun was still in the house. I seen it was Bambi so I guess I relaxed.

Now that Bambi wont be out there for the deer gun season Im sure of that. They never are they have some good hiding spots that much I can say. What sucks is we have the earn a buck program here which you HAVE TO shoot a doe to beable to shoot a buck.

Anyways if that deer was there then there are guaranteed no Coyotes even close or that deer would have been on the run. Well its a waiting game now. My neihbors watching his fields and and poultry and other animals aswell .

like evrybody else says , bunny rabbit on a stake , or a call ,
red light and
kick back with a cold one

learn their habits , they can cover a lot of territory

Bill's Coyote Hunting Home Page - Learn how to hunt & call coyotes!

dont care much for em either , chickenshit little bastards
wont take anything on , one on one , gotta gang up

not like a wolf , which i respect and admire
happy hunting :sneaky2:

Well they never showed up lastnight and I was up late! I then checked at 7:00 this morning when the kids got up for school and the dead chicken was still out in the field bu one duck returned she apparently was the smartest hen and flew out of range of them Coyotes and returned home this morning.

Im actually aggrivated because now I have to wonder when they will be back again so Ill have to watch over the weekend and its dropping to 20 degrees so they will have to be moving to stay worm and looking for food in a big way.

Mack that electronic call looks interesting Im going to check into that thing its not to bad as far as price either.

I've been hunting them yots for over 30 yrs and what you have to do is; just out smart them, learn to think like them.

A electronic caller is the easiest approach in calling them if you have never tried to call them before. Early mornings, right at day light, is a good time to see them.

A coyote pup distress sound, should still work good at this time of year.

There are many electronic callers on market these days. They range anywhere from around $60 to $900. I just started using one a couple years ago and the darn thing is really slick. It has a remote, so it can be operated up to 100 yds away. You can program 32 different sounds on it.

0000875sl5.jpg

Good Luck!!

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated