• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

External mic for mobile VHF

Interesting! I will be interested in how it works. How long is the cable? Does it work if plugged into the FTM-350 body and still have the Yaesu mike in the head unit?

Here it is. It is decent you have to change the mic gain via the radio to get good audio but I really really like it. Its solid feeling there is a bright red led on the ptt when u transmit it also has up dwn buttons for channels.
yzu4u7ub.jpg

Both mics can be plugged in and also u can use mic extencion cable.
★ Sent from my Droid★

Thanks for the link and head's up. I have a buddy in a car race club that was looking for something cheap exactly like that for his in car race radio.

Thanks for the link and head's up. I have a buddy in a car race club that was looking for something cheap exactly like that for his in car race radio.

No problem. Only issue I am having is up and down buttons dnt work ? Not sure if my radio wont recognize it ? I see this will also work with 7800,7900 rigs as well

★ Sent from my Droid★

I don't know if this helps but the ebay pict shows 2 plugs where the yaesu adapter only plugs into one of them. How and where are you thinking of to mount the PTT?

I don't know if this helps but the ebay pict shows 2 plugs where the yaesu adapter only plugs into one of them. How and where are you thinking of to mount the PTT?

On my center console of the truck once I have time to install it ill take lots of pics. Right now im using it on the base.

★ Sent from my Droid★

Here's two pictures. It comes with these round rubber band type things which work great on the shifter very comfortable for long drivers and long qso's.
any2azeg.jpg

ysy9y4az.jpg

★ Sent from my Droid★

Reactions: 1 person
I bought one for use with an FT-7900 and it works as advertised, except for up and down buttons.

I also mounted the ptt on the shifter in my truck and it solves the problem I had with trying to shift and talk at the same time. I have had others tell me my audio was low, but I attribute that more to the position of the microphone than anything else. I've tried a couple of different placements of the mic, including wrapping it around my head like a headset. So far I haven't decided on which I like best...

I bought one for use with an FT-7900 and it works as advertised, except for up and down buttons.

I also mounted the ptt on the shifter in my truck and it solves the problem I had with trying to shift and talk at the same time. I have had others tell me my audio was low, but I attribute that more to the position of the microphone than anything else. I've tried a couple of different placements of the mic, including wrapping it around my head like a headset. So far I haven't decided on which I like best...

Where did you mount the mic boom becides your head ? The mic is the same here have to turn the mic gain up a bit but if you remove the wind screen it improves the mic audio by 45%. i am going to take apart the PTT and see why the up and dwn buttons are not working maybe they weren't soldered right?

★ Sent from my Droid★

Last edited:
e6yvy5ad.jpg

Its not the circuit where the.ptt and updwn buttons are. I think its the rj45 to 8pin pig tail adapter ia missing wire inside the rj45 plug. If you look at the stock mic all 6 terminals are used well on the aftermarket wire only 4 are used.

★ Sent from my Droid★

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio