• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

External spkr to veh aux port ?

I have heard of people doing this, it seems the multiple speakers would be easier to hear without being as loud as the little CB speaker. You would need a mono to stereo adapter to hear the CB in both the right and left speakers. Without the adapter will only play in either the right or left (I forget which one). This is the same problem with using headphones on the speaker jack of my station monitor Cobra 148. I would try what ever patch cord you have and see what it does.

Reactions: walterjn
Anyone try patching between speaker jack and the aux port of their vehicle system ?

I’m guessing this is being asked due to perceived lack of a good mounting location.

The audio quality of a spoken-voice optimized speaker makes those first choice over an in-car system.

Ever tried a BT phone conversation over the in-car system? It’s a long ways from ideal. The brain has to fill in gaps (inferred).

The KENWOOD KES-5 Public Service speaker is what’s used for emergency services radio. Not at all like a stereo system speaker. Bright — even harsh — in a hard room, it comes into its own with the mush acoustics of nearly any vehicle.

The more competing sounds (Diesel engine on high idle, wind noise, etc) the more obvious is the engineered reproduction suited to content transfer. You won’t be guessing.

I recently bought a lot of five (5) for $60. Try one. Mount it under the drivers seat front edge firing forward into the footwell.
(See thread by product name).

Anyone try patching between speaker jack and the aux port of their vehicle system ?
You'll want a "line level converter" which simulates a speaker's load on the EXT SP jack of your CB radio, and converts the speaker output to something you can plug into an input AUX jack on your car's audio system.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/axxess...converter-black-multi/6163856.p?skuId=6163856

They're typically used to convert the L/R stereo output of your car's head unit into line-level input for an external audio amp. so you only need to use one of the two channels on the converter since CB is monaural. Then an RCA Y-adapter to convert the RCA jack output of the line level converter to two RCA jacks, then a stereo RCA to stereo mini plug cord to go into the AUX port.

Last edited:
Scored a M/A-COM (Kenwood) KES-5 NIB for $20+$15 off fleabau seems to be a pretty solid piece. Came with Kenwood instruction sheet.......

Reactions: Slowmover
Scored a M/A-COM (Kenwood) KES-5 NIB for $20+$15 off fleabau seems to be a pretty solid piece. Came with Kenwood instruction sheet.......

You'll like it. Much better than truck stop speakers.

However, until you’ve experienced DSP (West Mountain speaker or stand-alone unit goes between radio & speaker) you won’t know that of which your radio is capable.

Ever said: “CB. I never leave home without it”(?).

You’ll say the same about DSP-capable once you experience it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.