• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FACT OR FICTION?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These people had to know the risks of living there. How can you not know. Evidently there is alot of people lived with their heads in the sand. Why would they continue to act like nothing could ever happen to them. And then blame someone else for the outcome of the event when it happens!!

Freecell,

Thank you for that post. It was very interesting and I personally believe it reflects my beliefs that the mainstream media is a real poison to our society.
While we need to be informed, we need to be left to decide for ourselves, based on facts presented, and not inferred or overtly stated by "TV personalities".

Now the media circus really begins as Hollywood actors move in and give their "opinions" on what needs to be done, who is to blame, etc. Again, this serves no purpose to those displaced, those trying to aid the victims, and those trying to restore order. It only gets these losers on camera.

I hope some of us will learn from this. As LoneWolf TN stated, keep emergency supplies on hand. It is a sensible and responsible thing to do. We all need to assume a bit more responsibilty for our own safety, and that of our families.
That will help make America stronger.

Paul,
Speaking of Hollywood, I had to laugh yesterday. There was a news arlicle about Sean Penn taking a boat into N.O. saying he was going to try to get people out. He forgot to put the plug in the boat and started taking on water. The pic in the article showed him bailing water. A bystander looked at all his friends and camera man in the small boat and asked him how he was going to get anyone in the boat to rescue since it was already full with his people ? :roll:

It's called "Personal Responsibility" something that is lacking in today's society I'm sorry to say!

Where does that come from?? Hmm, I wonder. Every day, we are told government is the solution to EVERY problem. No need to move from the ghetto/trailer park. We'll give you welfare, foodstamps,WIC, it's NOT YOUR FAULT! Any wonder why people don't leave at the end of the month? Remember, the working people of the US PAID for this attitude. Keep voting for Liberals and NeoCon "compassionate conservatives".

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.