• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fan Dipole Spacing

Roger that.Thanks CK

WAIT!!! I SAID THAT WRONG!! I changed it above. The reason is that each element affects the tuning of the others. You should tune the lower bands FIRST and work your way up in frequency. Sorry about that. I still am having brain farts after the multiple pulmonary embolisms left me short of oxygen a month or so ago. Still thinking about the days we said to go UP the band but dropped in frequency since we were talking about wavelength not frequency. I guess it's an old hold-over from the 80/160m days.

Holy Moly, I hope you are doing okay after going through all that.

I hadn't started yet so no loss. Thank you much for the info.

73 CK

Yeah it was six weeks ago today. Dr. said I had four.....one in the left lung and three in the right one. Spent almost 24 hours in the ER as I was too unstable to move upstairs to a regular room. Ended up spending a whole week in the hospital, then strict rest at home until now. Wasn't looking too good for a bit but MUCH better now. I am going back to work tomorrow and see how things work out.

Well that is something I rarely get accused of
Well, you and AS are the voices of sanity here in my book and I for one am glad you do what you do.
but MUCH better now.
Very glad to hear that and we'll throw a prayer out there that's the end of that particular issue for you. Good luck at your return to work.

Very 73

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
If anyone's interested the Cobb-a-Fan 2000 has been taken down and will be replaced with proper wire elements in an Inverted V rather than lopped-off whips in a flat-top. I didn't care for how it was affecting my 10m Inverted V. The new 6m wires will be parallel to the 10m elements (separated by 6") rather than at a 45* angle. Hopefully this will work a bit better. I may call it the Cobb-a-Fan 2000 2.0

Inverted V tends to be more VERTICAL...most certainly close to ground less than 1/2 wavelength ABG....just a thought...I liked the first set-up.... but OK...too bad you missed a good 6m morning.

MN/TN/TX/MA/CT/VA//FLA x 3/NC/OH/MI/AL/KY/LA... All worked in about 90 minutes time!!!!GREAT Tropo...bet the 2m guys having fun also.(y):coffee:

Inverted V tends to be more VERTICAL...most certainly close to ground less than 1/2 wavelength ABG....just a thought...I liked the first set-up.... but OK...too bad you missed a good 6m morning.

MN/TN/TX/MA/CT/VA//FLA x 3/NC/OH/MI/AL/KY/LA... All worked in about 90 minutes time!!!!GREAT Tropo...bet the 2m guys having fun also.(y):coffee:
Two meters was very interesting Sunday morning, I worked several stations on two meter SSB yesterday into Pacific northwest.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.