• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fathers Day Weekend - LSB 16

I Huffed and Puffed and blew into the mic on 16 LSB only to hear raw static and not even bleed over from the CH 17 crowd. Zooming down on the ham bands still kind of empty with low band static. Heard some of the crowd down in Orange County about 70 miles away in the back ground, but that was it.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert
WR7100 Bill Georgia was copying you but, other folks were supported by Mother Nature. 73's. I think we should try the 16lsb out. Even though 17 is brutal here. 2315 Robert Fatcat Paso Robles CA.

I did not know that - the prepper schedule. Personally, I'd like to see Elon Musk achieve his dream and successfully land on Mars before any of the prepper stuff becomes a necessity. Until then, I'll be hanging out on my boat here in paradise shooting skip on 11 meters.
I am not hard core prepper, just like to be prepared, Lived thru one disaster here, a ways back, had 15 days, no water, no electricity, no phone, no flush toilets, one child under 2, and wife 7 months pregnant at the time. Luckily I was well prepared, went through it no problems at all, even enjoyed it. But it does and can happen, from storms, to outbreaks of disease to solar events, life can spin on a dime. CB radio is a welcome addition to being prepared, mine is set for solar powering, I think everyone should be able to take care of themselves. As has been well proven, with past events, the government cannot do it. I live in a bad weather area, we get power outs, and days when your not getting out in the car because the roads are closed. So no I am not one of those armed in camo preppers. I am ready to keep myself fed and comfortable for good stints when required.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I am not hard core prepper, just like to be prepared, Lived thru one disaster here, a ways back, had 15 days, no water, no electricity, no phone, no flush toilets, one child under 2, and wife 7 months pregnant at the time. Luckily I was well prepared, went through it no problems at all, even enjoyed it. But it does and can happen, from storms, to outbreaks of disease to solar events, life can spin on a dime. CB radio is a welcome addition to being prepared, mine is set for solar powering, I think everyone should be able to take care of themselves. As has been well proven, with past events, the government cannot do it. I live in a bad weather area, we get power outs, and days when your not getting out in the car because the roads are closed. So no I am not one of those armed in camo preppers. I am ready to keep myself fed and comfortable for good stints when required.

Hurricane Andrew, Hurricane Wilma, Hurricane Irma...I hear ya!

Reactions: xm49north7

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.