• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Favorite C/B Tuner

Apr 26, 2021
If your were to send your radio out for mods and performance improvements, who would your favorite? You can put why if you’d like. I’m just curious. If I’m going to go through the trouble of sending it out, I’d like to send to who the top rated person is. THANKS and have a great day.

• Haha
Reactions: groundwire

Wow, I wish I could delete this now. I didn’t realize it was such a “STUPID” question. I’ve done some internet “research” for what it’s worth(LOL) and been on cb for several years to not be a total noob. I was just putting the question out there for some fun and to see what came back.

We are a tough crowd here, forgive our twisted humor....

It's good if you can find someone that you can deal with face to face and yes we understand it's not like it used to be, where there was a CB shop every 30 miles up the interstate.
People will drive a couple hours for a good tech.
Where are you located?
Maybe someone in your area has a recommendation.
If you must ship it off you have choices.
Really what do you want to accomplish?
More power?
Better RX?
More frequency coverage?
Got money burning a hole in your pocket?

Jeff

Last edited:
We are a tough crowd here, forgive our twisted humor....

It's good if you can find someone that you can deal with face to face and yes we understand it's not like it used to be, where there was a CB shop every 30 miles up the interstate.
People will drive a couple hours for a good tech.
Where are you located?
Maybe someone in your area has a recommendation.
If you must ship it off you have choices.
Really what do you want to accomplish?
More power?
Better RX?
More frequency coverage?
Got money burning a hole in your pocket?

Jeff
I’m in Memphis Tn. My normal guy is about a half hour any and is great. Rays CB SHOP in West Memphis. There used to be an AWESOME guy in Ontario California 30 years ago. I heard he passed away and his son took over and they went down hill fast. I can’t remember his name. The radios I have are working GREAT. It looks like fun to have some internal noise filters or a speech processor. I’m not sure if it’s all real or will burn up your radio but they sure do sound good. There are plenty of people on the radio and internet that just talk bad about people but seem to be plenty that are just the opposite. All in all, I’m just happy to have a little fun and talk to as many people near and far!!!

Reactions: secret squirrel
Wow, I wish I could delete this now. I didn’t realize it was such a “STUPID” question. I’ve done some internet “research” for what it’s worth(LOL) and been on cb for several years to not be a total noob. I was just putting the question out there for some fun and to see what came back.
My apologies to you if that was out of line mi amigo. Not a stupid question at all but some of us with twisted humor just have to run away with it.

Just FYI, there are a few techs on here that do great work too.

True techs are becoming a rare breed but they're still out there. The other part is getting your gear in line for work because they all stay so booked up.

Last edited:
There used to be an AWESOME guy in Ontario California 30 years ago. I heard he passed away
Bill Good was a excellent tech, his work with ranger was responsible for some of the improvements in the 2950dx radios over the 2950. RIP Bill
The shop was interesting after he passed I will leave it at that.....

Jeff

If your were to send your radio out for mods and performance improvements, who would your favorite? You can put why if you’d like. I’m just curious. If I’m going to go through the trouble of sending it out, I’d like to send to who the top rated person is. THANKS and have a great day.
You "tune" a motor, you "tune " a musical instrument, you can even "tune" in a radio station, but a transmitter and receiver get an alignment, not a tune. :cautious:

My apologies to you if that was out of line mi amigo. Not a stupid question at all but some of us with twister humor just haven't to run away with it.

Just FYI, there are a few techs on here that do great work too.

True techs are becoming a rare breed but they're still out there. The other part is get your gear in line for work become they all stay booked
Bill Good was a excellent tech, his work with ranger was responsible for some of the improvements in the 2950dx radios over the 2950. RIP Bill
The shop was interesting after he passed I will leave it at that.....

Jeff

Reactions: secret squirrel

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.