• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fc347 frequency counter... Intall on president McKinley

These links are where I got the info to do the mods to the counter. three of them are YouTube videos. The first one is where I got the info to hook the wires to the board of the radio.

http://www.lesterscustoms.com/counter_to_uniden_single_conversion

L

Thanks for the cb tricks link, I have not seen that info, despite doing countless google searches for fc347.

I got the info for modding the counter on one of Lester’s videos. Originally I tried just hooking up the wires to the radios board, and soldering a jumper at jp1 on the fc 347. The display was not stable even on receive, until I removed the resistor at r14... and bridging the pads with solder.r14 apears to be the hook up for the vco. The frequency display became stable that point. But the fifth digit reads two low. For example on channel 38 usb instead of showing 27.386 it would show 27.384. So I had to ad a 18pf capacitor at c18, it is just a blank spot from the factory.Also I believe he says towards the end of the shorter YouTube video, to change out
C13 and 14 with 1000pf caps, I mistakenly only changed out c14 and used a 2000pf capacitor. So I changed it back to factory untill I can get some more parts. Ept210014d is the board number on my fc347 the post 2005 production.

Last edited:
try hooking the coax center lead to R184 and see what it does. that is a location a guy on ebay recommends for this radio. his name is Ralph. Nomad knows him from what he has said in a few conversations about freq counters.
does your counter have JP2 also. the mods are on cbtricks that I left you. one of the counters you have to jumper JP1 and JP2 for it to work properly. look at the serial numbers to verify which one you have.

Yes I have the ept210014d, the one cb tricks says to do jp1and jp2 for uniden radios.I will try jumpering jp2 when I get some spare time. Then next I will try r184, I have it soldered to tp1. Thank you I did not know about jp2. I’ll let y’all know what happens

I finally found some time to mess with it. I made sure the center connector is connected to r184, and I jumpered jp2. It did help it, initially I thought it was fixed but it is still flakey on transmit. Does it matter where the shield is connected? Should it be connected at test point 2?

I know what you mean iv desoldered and resoldered and then desoldered again that shield... trying to get fc347 to display right on transmit

red97k1500,

just move your wiring harness to the solder side of the PC board and run the connector out the back through that big notch. just make sure you use some strain relief inside the radio.
LC

Small update, I finally got this thing completely stable on transmit the numbers don’t jump on any mode while transmitting into antenna... I used a 68pf npo ceramic disc capacitor for the coax center hook up to the board at tp1 and soldered the shield to board ground at tp2.... I also completely recapped the radio every electrolytic and tantalum capacitor was changed.

Hopefully this might help someone in the future that wants to hook up a fc347 to a single conversion mb8719 uniden radio.

Attachments

• 214A5277-7FF2-4959-BBA9-62DF7BBA2866.jpeg
    214A5277-7FF2-4959-BBA9-62DF7BBA2866.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: CB590

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated