• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

fcc and station inspection

I am sure 11m was not just a ham band in the USA. The USA may have lost 11m in 1958 but I many other countries such as Japan and South Africa continued to use it as a ham band for several years after. That could very well be the reason you will find 11m as a factory installed band after the USA gave it to CB'ers. I believe after that point you still had to cut a wire (or solder one in place) on the band switch to enable 11m in radios shipped to the USA.

I wish I could find the crystal for the 10a band switch. Someone replaced it for the "freeband" crystal. I tried Ken's Electronics but he is out of stock.

sorry about not mentioning me being a general. My call is KD5ZRS and the name is Herb.
There now everybody can find me.

Thanks Jeff. I heard back from this guy today. He only wants to sell a whole set. I may have to go that route if I can't find a used one. I could kick myself as I passed up a used set of 10m crystals that went for a little over $10 the other day on Ebay. I was waiting to hear from Ken about my order and the auction ended.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.