• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC Fines Pennsylvania Man $18,000 for Failing to Allow Inspection of CB Station

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
The FCC issued a Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture and Order (NAL) on May 14 in the amount of $18,000 to Nathaniel Johnson of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for failing to make his Citizens Band (CB) station available for inspection by the FCC and for failing to comply with the restricted hours of CB station operation.

The FCC first received complaints in January 2012 concerning interferenc...

More...

about the only thing in his favor, is that he was "in-band",.... but,... he is screwed for any and all future operations.

all his hiding and not responding is just causing the FCC to expend manhours,... and guess who WILL pay for it:whistle:

Reactions: 1 person
So instead of federal marshalls kicking down his door he got quiet hours. Lololol like a little kid. Go sit in time out....."no!"

If he hires me, he will win the case and probably force the FCC to pay my fees.

That's why I could never be a defense lawyer. My conscience won't not allow me to defend someone I know is guilty just to win a case and get paid for it. No offense intended really it's just that the guy was obviously guilty and simply refusing to respond to letters or knocks on the door in no way changes those facts.

Reactions: 2 people
the guy was causing all sorts of RFI.
Coulda been harmonics from a splatterbox or screwdriver special, or could have been direct RFI, because some people in some urban situations just should not run power unless they can get that antenna up above everyone.
Thank the FCC for creating problems for itself (and the rest of us) by banning 10 meter amplifiers, instead of allowing and certifying them, now we got a market full of class-c splatterboxes. output filtering coulda been mandated, but hell no, so now a baboon can clip every coil and half the caps out his cobra 29 and hook it up to the amp, and it transmits on every IF and mixed freq, 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th order harmonic and intermod combination of everything.
Its what, 15 or 20 years since cell phones caused citizens band to cease to be a mainstream form of communication? Could just allow and approve amps, and tax them to pay for hunting down those who carelessly or ignorantly cause major RFI.

Reactions: 2 people
The problem is the FCC always tries to take shortcuts. If they didn't, they might be able to win a case. As for RFI, they need to amend the rules and raise the power for CB, something Ranger has petitioned them to do. Cleaner signal, and you might actually be able to use CB. I think probably the FCC will get around to it ... never.

The problem is... As for RFI, they need to amend the rules and raise the power for CB....

HUH??? that doesn't make any sense at all.

"POWER", in and of itself, has nothing to do with RFI. <gotproof>

IMD is independent of power level

...Thank the FCC for creating problems for itself (and the rest of us) by banning 10 meter amplifiers, instead of allowing and certifying them,....

10 meter amps are banned and not certificated?

gee, I guess my copy of 97.317 (a) & (b) must be out of date:eek:

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.