• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC Fines Pennsylvania Man $18,000 for Failing to Allow Inspection of CB Station

Just saying, if the CB transceivers had more power built in, less need for people to use dirty amps.

HUH??? that doesn't make any sense at all.

"POWER", in and of itself, has nothing to do with RFI. <gotproof>

IMD is independent of power level

This post is taking a turn for the worse.

The FCC has this silly notion that when you feel the need for more power and frequencies that there is a radio service designed just for that. Why do they need to authorize more power and amp use for CB?

Don't be a Mr. Johnson!!!

Reactions: 1 person
HUH??? that doesn't make any sense at all.

"POWER", in and of itself, has nothing to do with RFI. <gotproof>
Enough power and I have seen car stereo speakers play music, with the radio off. Even without harmonics, splatter, etc, just power alone with 'overpower' many electronic devices. only solution is for the victims of such RFI to shield and choke their electronics, or for the perpetrator to raise his antenna above or point his antenna away from the offended device(s).

IMD is independent of power level

Yes, and IMD can be internal or external, but is more of a thing for full duplex systems that xmit on multiple freq that unintentionally mix in some rusty, loose or just sorry crap and produce a new freq lower than the 2 mixed freq.
From what I understand though IMD is more a UHF thing than on HF, stronger IM3 at a higher freq. Thats where I deal with IMD, it can be a real pita sometimes.

dumb question, what does cause a spur?

Generally an oscillator produces only one frequency at a time. Sometimes due to poor tuning of a circuit or perhaps over loading of an amplifier stage more than one signal can be produced. The unwanted signal fimds it's way thru the barious stages and appears at the output. Even receivers can develope spurs in their local oscillator circuit causing you to hear a signal that you are not tuned directly to. This is different from frontend overload.

Reactions: 1 person
This guy was never notified

Posting a name and address and they do not even know who is actually living there or operating?

They said they left notices, but never actually talked to the person, no one answered the door.

They left notices in his mailbox? I thought only the post office could do that? isn't that a violation of the FCC? See what happened to the head of the IRS recently? the government has to do shit right also,,,,,,,

I am sure he was notified. He had to sign for the registered letters. I am sure they knew who lived there based on the complaints and a simple address look up which they probably have access too if not they can ask where so and so lives. If I refuse to acknowledge my bills in the mail I cannot say that I was never notified of a foreclosure.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.