• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Features, Pros & Cons,,,Cobra 25 Nightwatch

C

Charger383

1755762.jpg

The NightWatchTM series of CB radios continues Cobra's proud and unmatched tradition of enhancing safety and convenience for professional drivers. NightWatch technology fully illuminates the radio's function settings for easy viewing at night. The unique, solid-state, electro-luminescent backlighting is powered by a dedicated integrated circuit to maximize night vision while minimizing eye fatigue. A dimmer control adjusts to all lighting conditions.

Feature Benefit

NightWatchTM Illuminated Front Panel Ideal for switch and control recognition day or night.

Dimmer Control Adjusts brightness of the front panel, channel display and signal strength meter.

4 Watts AM RF Power Output The maximum allowed by law.

Instant Channel 9 and 19 Instant access to emergency channel 9 and information channel 19.

9 Foot Microphone Cord For easy reach within any area of the vehicle.

Tone Control 3 position control allows fine tuning of audio levels.

Adjustable Dynamike Boost Dynamically boosts microphone for increased voice clarity.

Tactile Controls Allows you to actually feel where the dial is in it's rotation without taking your eyes off the road.

PA Capability Use CB radio as a Public Address System with PA speaker. Receive signals can also be monitored through PA.

Switchable Noise Blanker For increased noise reduction.

Front Microphone Connector Allows convenient installation to be in dash or under dash.

SPECIFICATIONS

Unit Dimensions: 6-1/4W x 2-1/8H x 8-5/8D

Microphone Type: 4 Pin Screw-On Dynamic

Frequency Control: Phase Lock Loop Synthesizer

RF Output Power: 4 Watts (Maximum FCC allowed)

CB Channels: 40 Channels (26.965-27.405 MHz)

SKU#: 25 NW

UPC#: 0 28377 90438 7

Individual Carton Dimension: (in) 3.0 x 10-7/8 x 12-3/8

charger383sig-05.gif
</p>

Well, I don't own the 25 but I do have a 148 NW and I do love it. The only thing that sux is the NW feature makes the words on the display unreadable at dusk. Once it is dark out it looks light nightime over Tokyo! Good thing it has the dimmer knob. Granted, a small complaint but other than that the NW is great.

Li'l Red

JONNY.gif

"Ohh Momma, m'amp's on fire."
</p>

Hi,

I do not have the 25 either but I do have the Cobra 148 NWST. I absolutly love it and it sounds fantastic. Lilred is right about the dusk thing but that does not last very long.My radio dead keys 5 and swings 17 and it has nice loud and clean audio. As I have said to people before about the new Cobra radios "THEY ARE NOT JUNK" they are the same boards as the old ones but the component values are less so they can not be tuned as high and this is the reason for such a large volume of return on their products. People are getting into the radios that don't know what they are doing so make sure that if you have peaking and tuning done that it is by someone that knows the difference between the new and the old.The Sound Tracker is designed to be used with other Cobra radios with the same feature, It really works nicely but not to many people have this feature yet so I keep my Soundtracker feature off unless I know the person I am talking to has it. Overall I think cobra makes a nice product and I would buy one.

</p>

Well, I own one of these and I like the receiver in this bad boy.

Besides that, I enjoy the adjustable dimmer control, the fact

that it has a good clean tx signal, even when modified. Add a

echo board (if desired), variable dead key, upper/lower channel

kit, and a freq. counter....now you're rockin!

73's

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.