• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Features, Pros & Cons,,,Uniden PRO510 XL

C

Charger383

PRO510XL.jpg

This compact CB transceiver incoporates state-of-the-art microelectronics into a sophisticated Euro-styled 2-way radio. The superior emgineering of the PRO510XL will treat your ears to professional 2-way radio communications as you've never heard it before.

PRODUCT FEATURE LIST

ANL SWITCH

COMPACT SIZE

FULL 40 CHANNEL OPERATION

S/RF METER

</p>

cons, can't really think of any except that the mike is lousy but who keeps that one anyway. pros for the price it is a screaming little audio monger around the local 40. nice and compact for the 2nd vehicle no biggie if it gets stolen(as if someone would steal that) coupled with a splatter box it's a rockin unit.

</p>

It can be turned into a smokin lil radio. And can be done by almost anyone with a screw driver and a lil knowledge. Of course the mic sucks... its a Stock mic.. duh..lol

Make a un suspecting radio and your right.. who'd steal it..LoL

ScottF

Standed in Texas

"poohbear"

73's

Peace Ya'll </p>

The Electret mikes on these kinda suck plus theres no SSB and the new ones are surface mount components.But the older models with a 1969 final installed can really scream.These are pretty tough radios as are most of unidens products.

</p>

One negative on mine. The plastic part of the SO-239 in back lost the glue and "caved in" after a couple years of owning it. Might be a fluke though. Good little radio otherwise!

</p>

I used one for about a year. I talked sometimes 30 miles with nothing but the audio turned up.

</p>

It was my first radio 4 years ago, I liked it but I wanted something with more features.

Mine was the older version with the larger mike and the plug-in mike con. It got is use and

abuse in my cars. Great Radio but it is Uniden, I love um. KWRP

KC0LOD from the sticks of Northeast Nebraska

</p>

The 510 was my first radio. I always got good range out of it. Only reason it's not still my primary radio is I wanted to try getting into SSB.

I still have the thing and it still works just as good as the day I got it (and the day I got it peaked and tuned)...

Speaker turns up nice and loud without much distortion, which is a definite bonus in a vehicle that has windows open most of the time, etc.

For a very inexpensive way to get into the basic CB that still has some power and quality I'd recommend one of these to anybody...

Tim S.
</p>

so Ive been playing with my first 510xl, its keying 4 watts, and when modulating needle moves to 11.

is this good for one of these? is there more there?

also thats measured on PEP instead of AVG, it stays at 4 mod or not on avg?

I have yet to exchange that resistor, will that make much of a difference?

very durable, very easy to find ( pawn shops and such) and simple, loud speaker, and very loud with external speaker.

I read somewhere the mic has a capacitor inside it? would this radio still benifit from a power type mike?

will it overdrive the amp since its tuned up a bit?

what poes a stock 510 dead key and swing? (4 and 15 the way my luck is!)

cool forum!

</p>

could any body tell me how to tune one of these. I popped the case on it opened the other day and was wondering if there was anything i could to make it work better. also is there a good aftermarket mic for it?

thanks

Cooltrucks

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/ucooltrucks.showPublicProfile?language=EN>cooltrucks</A> at: 3/18/02 8:36:44 pm

Bout the only thing really worth doing to it is clipping the mod limiter. I believe it is D-14 near the rear of the radio, if it is one of the older ones. Someone help me on the new ones here.

charger400.gif
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.