• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Field Day 2010

Great photos, looks like a nice comfortable operation position. How'd it go on 40 CW? I operated some on 20 and 10 (1D) but wasn't in the contest. All those 1, 2, and 3 calls who were really in Florida can make things confusing!

I like the tower base mount also. And aren't those Alliant rotor controls noisy? I may build a foam lined box for mine!

Rick

What a great weekend...if you remove the 100 deg index heat! The temperature stayed above 80+ till after midnight...brutal!
We operated 3A:
Xcvrs: FTdx 9000D contest special Yaesu
TS-2000 Kenwood
IC -703 ICON

I've posted just a couple of pages of my log...nothing special to note other than these contacts were made using the TS-2000 Kenwood with the kicker being the antenna.
ANTENNA: 40m / 3/4 wave long(3/8 th's each side)
DOUBLE ZEPP/w 60ft of 450 ohm Ladder Line at 30ft....
Who says you got to have beams and resonant antennas to make good contacts...We had a blast!(y)
Can not wait till next year! Thanks to Rodger and Troy for being great hosts.
All the Best
BJ:D

Attachments

• 2010FD W8RNL.jpg
    2010FD W8RNL.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 125
  • FD 2010 pg1.jpg
    FD 2010 pg1.jpg
    909.1 KB · Views: 130
  • FD2010 pg2.jpg
    FD2010 pg2.jpg
    806.6 KB · Views: 118
If I had that FTdx 9000D it would never see the light of day expect through a window. That is a very expensive FD radio to have lugged around and run the risk of dropping or having a generator drop a diode on.

US Coast Guard Auxiliary

I have been active in the Coast Guard Auxiliary for many years. That's my hobby. Recreational boating safety.
I have several close friends who are involved in the radio program. I am sure that some were there at the field day.
These guys log hundreds of hours participation on the radios. They have government assigned frequencies. They stand ready for disasters.

Most of them are involved with ham disaster relief also.

thats great,

I have been active in the Coast Guard Auxiliary for many years. That's my hobby. Recreational boating safety.
I have several close friends who are involved in the radio program. I am sure that some were there at the field day.
These guys log hundreds of hours participation on the radios. They have government assigned frequencies. They stand ready for disasters.

Most of them are involved with ham disaster relief also.

I was on 10 and 80 alot...mostly around 28.520usb and a little 29.600fm made one contact on 28.200am 73s de JW

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.