• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Field Day Campout 2014

event is closed for now..please email me if you'd like further updates..

kg6hqd@gmail.com
I thought this was a public event for all to enjoy why should this event be only by email now. I don't think your the problem at all hqd but i think we all know the other's that are causing the problems lets get over this already and move on. It seems ppl don't want to share there toys in the sand box. Another words a little childish... My 2 cents.

WTF is going on here? ... can't we all just get along ?

Exactly what I want too IRK & @YPA your right..this has gotten a little out of hand & I'm just trying to quell it a tad by slowing the roll a little...as I've said to many, I have no problem with anybody & want nothing more than for this to get resolved... There are 2 sides to this story & only the ones involved know EXACTLY what's going on from their perspective...I'm officially changing my call sign to KG6SWITZERLAND lol...I'd like to see some real progress on both sides IMO or to sound like a Ham Goober.. Just my 2kw

Reactions: 2 people
Judge rules against Forest Service fees in Southern California

LA Times article says:

So if you're just parking to go on a hike - not using restrooms or other facilities, NO Adventure Passes are required ;)

LA Times

LA Times article says:

So if you're just parking to go on a hike - not using restrooms or other facilities, NO Adventure Passes are required ;)

LA Times

Adventure Passes are "officially" not being enforced in the four SoCal forests at present while the issue is in court. They will still sell you one, but have been instructed to tell you "we appreciate the funds, however use of the pass is temporarily NOT being enforced..."

Reactions: 1 person
I just happened to run across the article while searching for a location to buy a couple of passes. I will still buy them, as I would find myself using some of the facilities throughout the year ...

I'll be dropping out this year, so there's an extra space available if someone want's to join in.

Contact Jerry to let him know if you'd like to reserve the space ... (only $31.00) with all the amenities) ...

Well I only made it about 1/2 mile down the dirt road before I turned around. My truck is still in the shop and all I have was my son's Mustang. Sits way to low for that road. After the second bottom out I said enough. :unsure:

Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing everyone. Even tried to reach you guys on the HT.

Oh well.

JUNIPER SPRINGS

If you left moonridge and turned on the first 2n01 thats why, The trail comes back to the hi-way- that was the correct way to the camp.Sorry we missed you ed. CHRIS

Attachments

• FIELD DAY 2014 001.JPG
    FIELD DAY 2014 001.JPG
    485.1 KB · Views: 255
  • FIELD DAY 2014 009.JPG
    FIELD DAY 2014 009.JPG
    428.2 KB · Views: 220
  • FIELD DAY 2014 008.JPG
    FIELD DAY 2014 008.JPG
    491.6 KB · Views: 222
  • FIELD DAY 2014 007.JPG
    FIELD DAY 2014 007.JPG
    439 KB · Views: 212
  • FIELD DAY 2014 006.JPG
    FIELD DAY 2014 006.JPG
    364.7 KB · Views: 219
  • FIELD DAY 2014 005.JPG
    FIELD DAY 2014 005.JPG
    385.5 KB · Views: 211
  • FIELD DAY 2014 004.JPG
    FIELD DAY 2014 004.JPG
    430.2 KB · Views: 295
  • FIELD DAY 2014 002.JPG
    FIELD DAY 2014 002.JPG
    378.6 KB · Views: 212
THANX HQD

HAD A GREAT TIME & THANX AGAIN FOR THE ARMOR

Attachments

• FIELD DAY 2014 016.JPG
    FIELD DAY 2014 016.JPG
    460.5 KB · Views: 195
  • FIELD DAY 2014 015.JPG
    FIELD DAY 2014 015.JPG
    414.5 KB · Views: 307
  • FIELD DAY 2014 014.JPG
    FIELD DAY 2014 014.JPG
    396.5 KB · Views: 289
  • FIELD DAY 2014 013.JPG
    FIELD DAY 2014 013.JPG
    438.1 KB · Views: 285
  • FIELD DAY 2014 012.JPG
    FIELD DAY 2014 012.JPG
    401.9 KB · Views: 227
  • FIELD DAY 2014 011.JPG
    FIELD DAY 2014 011.JPG
    474.1 KB · Views: 220
  • FIELD DAY 2014 010.JPG
    FIELD DAY 2014 010.JPG
    425.6 KB · Views: 295
  • FIELD DAY 2014 017.JPG
    FIELD DAY 2014 017.JPG
    444.4 KB · Views: 291
I don't know what route I took. The one I took, I passed up coming from Big Bear City going down the mountain on Hwy 38. When I got to the summit I turned around and started to head back to Big Bear. Then I saw the Scrappertown urinal target sign. Made the right turn and the pavement ran out about maybe 500 yrds. I thought no problem, in about 1/4 mile I hit my first bad rock. I have driven miles and miles on dirt roads in my trucks and never thought much about it. Hell, it's a truck for God's sake, it's made to drive on this stuff. The Mustang on the other hand is a different story. It's like driving a go-cart. After the second loud bang I decided it just was not worth it. I have two out of three cars in the shop right now. From the pictures it sure looks like you guys had a great set up. I tried to reach you guys on 147.510 and also the Big Bear Repeater but to no luck.

It sucks having to drive all the way up there and not to hook up with you guys. My truck was supposed to be out of the shop on Friday, only to be told that the parts didn't come in yet, DAM-IT!

Oh well, sounds and looks like you had a great time. The weather was great and on a good note, I was able to spend a quite weekend with the wife.

Maybe next time.

Glad you posted some nice pix, Chris (I forgot my camera) :glare:

Had a great time even though I didn't log any contacts with my QRP station.

Saturday's pot luck was awesome !!!

Here's a little quad-copter footage. It was a little dicey with a breeze and trees to deal with :eek:

[youtube]s__s6Fz6Wxc[/youtube]

Reactions: 4 people
Had a great time with all who made it to Field Day! Great video and pics Mark & Chris and thanks to everybody who made it up and contributed and participated. The chow was off the hook!

I'd like to put another camp out together here soon if others are interested and with the summer here it'll have to be in the high country near WATER.

Reactions: 3 people
Had a great time with all who made it to Field Day! Great video and pics Mark & Chris and thanks to everybody who made it up and contributed and participated. The chow was off the hook!

I'd like to put another camp out together here soon if others are interested and with the summer here it'll have to be in the high country near WATER.

I know HUG and I are definitely down for more camping trips. I will bet that HZH/DXN would be too!

Calling it quits with work for today, so I'm going to be posting pictures/videos/audio clips shortly.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated