• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Finally became official late Friday (Feb 4) and 1st Contact made today!

YR Mason FL

My official call posted yesterday afternoon KO4LYF and made my first contact today on 40m (7.197) with a special event station K4DSR aboard the USS Alabama Battleship in Mobile Bay AL.

I was hoping to have my first contact with my big brother of years ago (Gary/BJ Radionut W9FNB) but couldn't pass up the opportunity to actually try out my homebrew dipole and talk to a ship that served in the Pacific Fleet WWII with my Grandfather (a USS Vestal Pearl Harbor survivor).

Hopefully, I will catch you around the band soon Gary.
I know that dipoles are not great for 6 meters unless conditions are great, but will listen for you on 40m.

It is pouring down rain here at the moment but I'll keep it on 7.185 for a while in case the band opens between the Ohio Valley and North Florida.

My official call posted yesterday afternoon KO4LYF and made my first contact today on 40m (7.197) with a special event station K4DSR aboard the USS Alabama Battleship in Mobile Bay AL.

I was hoping to have my first contact with my big brother of years ago (Gary/BJ Radionut W9FNB) but couldn't pass up the opportunity to actually try out my homebrew dipole and talk to a ship that served in the Pacific Fleet WWII with my Grandfather (a USS Vestal Pearl Harbor survivor).

Hopefully, I will catch you around the band soon Gary.
I know that dipoles are not great for 6 meters unless conditions are great, but will listen for you on 40m.

It is pouring down rain here at the moment but I'll keep it on 7.185 for a while in case the band opens between the Ohio Valley and North Florida.
Good Job!

Reactions: Rwb and YR Mason FL
Congratulations, YR!
I made a ton of contacts in the US, Canada, Central America and South America using 20 and 40 meter dipoles (horizontal and inverted V). Once I switched to my first vertical (102” steel whip and a Wolf River coil), I began getting into Europe.

Reactions: YR Mason FL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated