• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Finally got it started

20#Hammer: Ever decide what your putting above the MOSLEY:
6M/2M stuff?

PS: You'll love the way the MOSLEY goes together!!!!
I think they still Pre-Drill all holes...then color code all the Element Segment pieces.
Should load right up[.
Anyway 6 meters: you need 4 elements(wide space) just for giggles :LOL:
HY-GAIN VB-64DX Antenna V-U-SHF Beam 6 Meters, VB64DX (hamradio.com)

I have this: HY-GAIN VB-66DX Antenna V-U-SHF Beam 6 Meters, VB66DX (hamradio.com)

@40 feet +/-...I love it!!!! 6 element/ wide space 25 foot boom(y):D
Many on Six meters running greater systems(stacks/7-8 elements-greater height/length etc.),
But for me this VERY reasonable cost 6 meter Yagi antenna, works well!!!!
Aluminum shortage causing issues, getting many antennas!!!!

MOSLEY: Great antennas:love::D
You choose wisely,:rolleyes: Young Jedi!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

All the Best
Gary/W9FNB-EM79

Well I hadn't really thought much about putting something above it. The guys at Mosley said this antenna is resonant on 6 meters but they don't advertise it as such. Yes they predrilled all the wholes and are all color coded so even a dumbass like me can have a hard time screwing this up lol.

Reactions: Slowmover
"resonant on 6 meters" >>>>yes so is a dummy load!!!!:rolleyes::LOL:
Yes have talked to guys on those beams before, plus 2 and 4 element versions will pretty much do same.
Op about 300 miles away has one. He has 4 "L" version...It works, but we "played" with it, with me looking at him.
It acts like a Giant Dipole(which OK) did not seem to mater which way he was pointed I could hear him. I did notice a little back rejection maybe 6 to 10db. However during scatter condx it was a big omni.
My 5 element LFA(14 foot Boom) had good Back rejection, however, sides were wide open. Not certainly a bad thing. I did alot of sitting one direction, when band was open... work sides/front and dead back with 400 watts. @45 feet.
Made some really cool contacts on that antenna!!!! (Greenland and Iceland) plus many more:)
PS: should note this 6 "L" has worked many more ("Euro's)/Africa etc. but the LFA/5 did a REAL nice job...Very light (like 10 lbs.) so adds squat to tower/rotor/mast loads.
Remember 6 meter antennas are about an 11 meter / HALF scale antenna.;)
All the Best
Gary

Well finally got all the tower stacked. Got 76 feet of Rohn 45 up. The beam showed up today so next to get it put together. Here's a couple pics. Don't laugh at the home made gin pole lol. It and a heavy duty ratchet strap and a 1/2" drift pin did the job. 2 pulleys one on the pole and one at the bottom and a 4 wheeler to lift the last 5 sections and its up lol. More to come stay tuned lol.

Attachments

• 20210926_162222.jpg
    20210926_162222.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 120
  • 20210926_162218.jpg
    20210926_162218.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 124

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated