• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Finally Got My Tower And The SPT 500 Up Today.

Eastside

Apr 29, 2011
Yep...the Hy-Gain Super Penetrator is up....and boy what a difference in my receive....stations I was only getting 5 lbs on are now in the cherry patch...its unbelievable....it was like everyone was running a linear....and I asked...nope just barefoot CB radios...this antenna has awesome receive.....and like wise I received all positive reports that my signal had jumped up a lot....yippie....I luv my Hy-Gain Super Penetrator!(y)

Big thanks to tower man Snake Doctor and Green Lizard. (y)

DSC_0003_r1.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

that looks real good. how high is it? what did you have before that wasnt as strong?

Great job. Very nice setup, Sounds like it is working very good for you. It is great when you do some thing new to a setup and notice a big change for the good.

AP

Great job. Very nice setup, Sounds like it is working very good for you. It is great when you do some thing new to a setup and notice a big change for the good.

AP

Yep....I like to listen to the morning crew in "Prison City" about 20 miles away...I turned the radio on this morning and was amazed at how strong the stations over there were coming in....these antennas are a big upgrade over the fiber glass fishing poles.(y)

How did you get your antenna up there? stand it up with the tower or use some lifting device? thanks

I put the antenna together on the ground on a section of mast pipe....set the swr...then the guys I mentioned in my 1st post come over and we leaned the tower up against the house and then he put the tower bracket on the side of my house and then we took the antenna on the section of mast and handed it up to him...he slid it in the top of the tower...tighten the set screw...then connected the coax....made a rf choke.....then we carried the tower up to the peak of the roof...put it in the bracket and tighten it....then drove a pipe in the base and its rock solid. :)

Yep...the Hy-Gain Super Penetrator is up....and boy what a difference in my receive....stations I was only getting 5 lbs on are now in the cherry patch...its unbelievable....it was like everyone was running a linear....and I asked...nope just barefoot CB radios...this antenna has awesome receive.....and like wise I received all positive reports that my signal had jumped up a lot....yippie....I luv my Hy-Gain Super Penetrator!(y)

Big thanks to tower man Snake Doctor and Green Lizard. (y)

DSC_0003_r1.jpg

looks really nice and im glad you're so happy with it . what antenna did you have before and how was it mounted ? did you use the same coax on the 500 or did you get new coax to go with the new antenna ?

congrats :)

looks really nice and im glad you're so happy with it . what antenna did you have before and how was it mounted ? did you use the same coax on the 500 or did you get new coax to go with the new antenna ?

congrats :)

I had a imax...I gave it to Snake doctor for putting up my tower n antenna.....I had the imax on mast pipe just slightly lower and was using new RG-213 coax....I did not have the cash to buy a 100ft of 213 so I used the new 100ft roll of mini 8 I had laying around....not as good as 213 but works.(y)

then pizza and beer? LOL

good job ES, knew you would like the penetrator.

(y)

Thanks....I just broke a sweat pulling the old copper ground rod out of the ground and driving it into the ground next to the tower and connecting the 6 awg solid copper wire to it.(y)

dxChat
Help Users