• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

First Rig

little joe

Feb 8, 2009
california
it does the job.....

Attachments

• kenwood 7.jpeg
    kenwood 7.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 541
Reactions: 1 person

thanks for the reply's... vanilla sky it's a kenwood ts-440sat
you have the mic right and it's a kenwood ps-50......
and yes i do like it....talked to a few old timers in Ohio
today 279 Doc,whiskey Delta 41 and Dave 656...noticed
you (m42duster) were from the buckeye state.....DX'ing
was good today....thanks again.....and that is a radio shack
speaker...here is a better picture....

73's

Attachments

• k-4.jpeg
    k-4.jpeg
    11.4 KB · Views: 505
Very nice setup! I have a couple of the TS-430s rigs, and they are great, too. I'll bet you get great reports on it. What kind of antenna are your running?

RT307

Good set up. I've also owned a couple 440AT's over the years. Always regret selling them. I have a TS-140S now that I may never get rid of.

RatsoW8...the ts-140s came out around the same time, nice rigs, getting ready to take my exam next Saturday, a buddy of mine (ham operator) turned me on
to the radio for a very good price, looking forward to using it for what it was intended for....thanks for the reply RatsoW8....

I have known several folks over the years that have or had the 440 radios,with and without the tuner built in....they all really like/liked that rig....

Very nice set up

and good luck on the test !!

Wiskey-Delta-40...Thanks..yes plan on getting general, I'll get studying as
soon as i pass my tech...picked up a nice icom 2 meter the other day, 2 meter
is pretty active here...looking forward to the hobby

73's your way.....

Little Joe,
Take both test at same time that way you dont have to pay again all included at same time.. You have a week to study the couple extra questions for the General part. It was well worth it for me..

Did better on the General part then I did the Tech part once I was relaxed and the butterflys out of my stomach. Again TRY you wont regret it(y)

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.