1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

FLA. 595 CB SHOP-DOC ?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Open Forum' started by Redbeard U812, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 Member

I bought a Stryker second hand down in Corpus. Read a review here about the 497 and was wondering if I had gotten one of the new mosfet finals. When I had it checked out by Charlie's Airwaves in Houston we found it had the channel conversion and over 125 w output. Charlie's watt meter wouldn't go past that. Opened it up and found a sticker inside "FLA. 595 CB SHOP". It had been signed "Doc". It seems to be one of the older 497's.

Found the 595 truck stop, on maps, which has a tech there, but listed Magnum 1013 "a top ebay seller" signing the page. Has anyone heard of "Doc" or his reputation? I'm curious what was done to this radio as far as his standard work on a 497.

Redbeard

2. jon666

jon666 Sr. Member

there was a doc at truck stop in Florida. may be the same guy.
    i bought a 955 from him. nothing special on the tune 80 watts
    i bought it on his ebay page.

3. Low_Boy

Low_Boy Well-Known Member

4. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 Member

Yes.. I found that too. Could not find him on ebay for some reason. There was also a listing for Doc's CB somewhere north of the truckstop.

5. Low_Boy

Low_Boy Well-Known Member

I remember seeing his listings on eBay a while back.

6. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 Member

Did you have a sticker across one of the sides that stated "Do Not Remove Voids Warrantee". Maybe a foil type. Mine covered a screw. Don't believe it was a factory sticker because I found the big one inside. Signed by Doc. Trying to figure his character concerning mods. Hope he doesn't get 'em too tight, right on the edge of POP.

7. jon666

jon666 Sr. Member

nope no sticker he did not even send me the stryker box. he put the radio and stuff in a flat rate box. he would not send me the box for the radio. so i never bought from him again
    jon

8. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

Wow. That’s crazy. You asked for I assume, sounds like you did.

9. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

It happens more often than you think...

10. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 Member

I've been holding out.......when I opened it I found a couple wires had been clipped. An orangatang one and a yeller one.

11. TheRealPorkchop

Well I that was a Magnum I’d say that’s normal. Not sure about the Stryker.

12. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 Member

One of theses?

[​IMG]

13. TheRealPorkchop

No sir but that’s a mighty fine ice cream bar, yes sir. Thanks for rubbing that in my face with your hi-res photo and all. I can’t have that.

14. jon666

jon666 Sr. Member

yes i asked for the box/ he said he dont ship it with original box. never gave me a good answer. my guess stolen or something like that. i would like to have the box if i wanted to sell the radio. what do i say umm never got the box sounds shady dont you think

15. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 Member

Do you still have a contact for him?