• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

flat 6

Dec 22, 2006
i need some opinion on this ant you know it comes with a quad type back do with the 4 wir kit is the any if all difference between it and the 106? they say this ia 400 without the v side? thanks 2112 in ga..

What antenna? Make? Model? With that said, your best bang for the buck will be a simple 5 element yagi from Maco. Forget about the rest of the CB snake oil claims!

I understand your question now.

There are some advantages and disadvantages going with the quad-type reflector with the SINGLE wire. In my opinion, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages.

Read this:
http://signalengineering.com/ultimate/hybrid.html

There are NO ADVANTAGES to having four wires! This is the epitome of CB snake oil!

Stick with all horizontal elements. I recommend 5 instead of 6!

if you do want the quad go true quad like a signal engineering lightning4plus. will out perform a hybird quad/yagi meaning a vertical & horizontal with a quad reflector. and please stay away from those so called back door kits where you add extra wires to the reflector. i tried it with a pdl II and it did nothing at all. either go straight quad or straight yagi 4 to 5 elements.

hmm

hmm ok thats what i wonted to know ..the kit came with it from maco ill just leave the out side wire and wont worry about the others..thamks.. 2112

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.