• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Flexradio Mods - a WWRF 'First'

Does the software acknowledge being out of band? Same functions everywhere?

I really like my ELAD FDM-DUO. It's very capable in standalone mode, PC operation is where it shines, Tremendous transmit and receive audio customization. I'm not an audiophile, but it's there and easy to use and fun to experiment with. I still use standalone more. I'm waiting for them to release their 120 and 220 watt versions.

Reactions: Robb
Depends on the version of PowerSDR you’re using. The Bands are set by default in text only. I change mine through a stand alone software called Band editor to show what band I’d want it to say but doesn’t change being unlocked or anything just renames saying Out of Band. Ke9ns has its band text says cb band and channel but that’s his version only

That's manageable. ELAD has has an 11 meter band button for receive programmed. It becomes usable once converted. There are available FW versions floating around that you can flash, but uses Australian band plans. It works fine and eliminates hardware mod.

That's manageable. ELAD has has an 11 meter band button for receive programmed. It becomes usable once converted. There are available FW versions floating around that you can flash, but uses Australian band plans. It works fine and eliminates hardware mod.
No experience with Elad, I do plan on getting an Hermes Lite 2 because it’s super cheap and play with that and some Hifi mods

Thanks for info. Others will appreciate it. I had a 1500, but didn't like being married to a PC. I use an ELAD in standalone mode. It has a simple resistor removal. I had an Anan, but never looked into opening it up.

I can unlock the 1500 3000 and 5000 series it's a firmware unlock of the eeprom so it stays unlocked unless you relock it it stays no matter which powersdr just like the factory mars mod

I can unlock the 1500 3000 and 5000 series it's a firmware unlock of the eeprom so it stays unlocked unless you relock it it stays no matter which powersdr just like the factory mars mod
How much to have this done?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?