• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

For Sale: Browning Golden Eagle Mark III

Well, it’s safely back in my hands.
Someone would do well to buy this, double the price and sell it on ebay. ;)
I am glad you got it back. Call it fate, call it destiny, I can give it a loving home where it is respected and appreciated.

Tonight while you lie awake in bed, you will hear a tiny voice in the back of your head say "Ship it to Shadetree Mechanic".

:cool:

I am glad you got it back. Call it fate, call it destiny, I can give it a loving home where it is respected and appreciated.

Tonight while you lie awake in bed, you will hear a tiny voice in the back of your head say "Ship it to Shadetree Mechanic".

:cool:
No relatives down in this part of the country willing to get it and get it to you, Chris? As I said, I’ll drive 400 miles if necessary. :p
Or how about G-Golly Wally in Oklahoma? He seems like a nice guy. He might do it for you. Or maybe an eighteen-wheeler friend that occasionally makes a run through Texas? :giggle:

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
No relatives down in this part of the country willing to get it and get it to you, Chris? As I said, I’ll drive 400 miles if necessary. :p
Or how about G-Golly Wally in Oklahoma? He seems like a nice guy. He might do it for you. Or maybe an eighteen-wheeler friend that occasionally makes a run through Texas? :giggle:
My sister and her family used to live in Austin. But a few years ago, they moved to Pasadena. My wife's nephew is a driver, but he only does the east coast. I don't think I could make it there and back in a weekend, even if I rented a car and drove like the Cannon Ball Run. That would make it impossible to bring it into the house under the radar too. If someone volunteered to assist, that would be great, but I don't want to be a pain in the arse.

I guess I will just have to tell the locals about the one that got away.

:rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: Eldorado828
If Riverman was closer to Houston I'd go pick it up for you and ship it to you (you pay for shipping), Shadretree. I wouldn't be able to make the trip to Witchata Falls and back anytime soon though.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Chris, my problem with shipping this thing is fourfold.

1. Size. Each of the two units is 15"X10"X6" and weighs about 25 lbs. This does not include the Golden D-104 mic.

2. Packing. The cover needs to be removed on each unit and the interior stuffed with bubble wrap and/or Styrofoam peanuts. My thinking is removing the tubes, packing them separately and reinstalling them upon receipt is just too much handling for tubes this old. Remember, this radio is fifty years old.

3. Cost. No idea of the cost to ship something of this size and weight. Plus, there is the added cost of the cartons and packing materials.

4. Biggest Concern. Will it arrive in the same working order it is now in after all of the rough handling?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

1. Size. Each of the two unit is 15"X10"X6" and weighs about 25 lbs. This does not include the Golden D-104 mic.

2. Packing. The cover needs to be removed on each unit and the interior stuffed with bubble wrap and/or Styrofoam peanuts. My thinking is removing the tubes, packing them separately and reinstalling them upon receipt is just too much handling for tubes this old. Remember, this radio is fifty years old.

3. Cost. No idea of the cost to ship something of this size and weight. Plus, there is the added cost of the cartons and packing materials.

4. Biggest Concern. Will it arrive in the same working order it is now in after all of the rough handling?

Thoughts?
Your concerns are valid, that is why I drove my President Lincoln II+ out to Bob's CB Shop 260 miles away. Because what is the sense of shipping it out to get fixed and have the Monkeys destroy it on the return Trip ! LOL

1. Size. Each of the two units is 15"X10"X6" and weighs about 25 lbs. This does not include the Golden D-104 mic.

Thoughts?
I completely agree with you. I have had things shipped to me with news paper stuffed between the tubes, seemed to be ok. The packaging and packing will be important for sure, and there are shipping places that offer packing services that I believe will then offer better insurance. I am not sure of the ins and outs of it, but I am sure it's not cheap. I would be willing to pay for packing services if it would make it easier.

I know your intent was to get it gone quickly, I don't want to make it a hassle for you. I held off getting myself a radio for my birthday in February, hoping that something great would come along. I will pay for the packaging, shipping, insurance, and something for your time. If this looks like it's going to be more than you are willing to deal with, I truly understand.

Reactions: FredTx63

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.