• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

For Sale Cobra 2000 gtl

Status
Not open for further replies.
it really is a nice 2000GTL, and while one can surely get more radio for their money, there are absolutely those out there that just want a Cobra 2000GTL in very good condition, and will pay 500 bucks for it.

Sorry Dorian, i am not one of those people. I only buy things that i can basically steal and then fix up myself LOL.

I will tell you from experience selling vintage CB items that showing pictures of the insides of the radio, component and PC board sides is what seems to make people willing to spend the bigger bucks.

There may be many different reasons why this works, but i have absolutely seen the difference in the interest of the same item when inside pics were included.

I also don't think you will have the same luck here as you would on ebay.

i hate their fees and BS as much as the next guy, but damn it they have the audience and the protections that get items sold.

You may be reluctant to take the radio apart enough to get the pics, but IMO it is worth it. just be careful.

Just to put it out there Dorian, if you have the ability, you should remove the full name from that post with the pics in it. It seems like your concern about being scammed has been abated, and i would not want my full name out there on the forum connected with that possibility.
you may not be able to edit that post at this point, but i would bet the mods would be more than happy to help in this regard.

good luck on your sale, it looks as though someone is going to get a nice radio.
LC

I have bought classic chainsaws (one of my other hobbies 23 saws and counting) that were in good condition but most would say are over priced. Mostly the big old saws from the hey day of the old growth logging. Because I wanted what I wanted and was willing to pay for it. But that was with lots of pictures and a video or two on You Tube of the saw in action. I would love one of these radios.. but... I... just... cant...... without pictures. Sorry. Best of luck.
Chris

Reactions: 357magnum
If I wanted to scam you, I'd send you plenty of pictures. Might not be of the actual item, but you'd have your pictures.

Isn't that another beauty of eBay. G a d I hate it that I am defending eBay LOL. I wouldn't risk my eBay feedback score on one radio.
Anyway that is how I judge eBay sellers. There's a certain ratio to number of sales to your percentage that lends some confidence to the buyer.
When it comes to buying vintage electronic equipment it is not usually some sort of big Warehouse selling the items it is usually an individual.
When you take the time to look at the other items they sell it gives you a pretty good idea of what they actually do and actually don't know about the radio you are interested in.
With a little research you end up saying to yourself This is actually a person who doesn't know what they have or maybe this is a person who knows what they have and has looked on eBay for equivalent prices and is selling it at that price.
I guess what I'm saying is if you are willing to do a little bit of research you can determine whether or not you're going to get what you think you are going to get.
LC

You should re-read the post, I'm only trying make aware of the possibility of the pics being used in a scam. I never said you were such. What would you think if my account had been used in the same fashion and you went to fedex and ups to get you estimates and you don't even have the courtesy to contact me.
Why is this post still visible and/or not censored? If I see many more posts with this kind of language I'll be leaving WorldwideDX. I don't care who's right or who's wrong, but I don't want to read that kind of language or expose my kids to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
And why is he still a member here ? I deleted all forums were people used that language! Believe me I drop the F bomb every other sentence , But not on the radio and definitely not when I'm chatting with my forum friends ! Take it elsewhere , no need !jmoo_O

He is still here because I cannot read EVERY POST in EVERY FORUM and until NOW nobody bothered to report it thus bringing it DIRECTLY to my attention.

Reactions: 357magnum
Why is this post still visible and/or not censored? If I see many more posts with this kind of language I'll be leaving WorldwideDX. I don't care who's right or who's wrong, but I don't want to read that kind of language or expose my kids to it.

Like I said above it still here because I cannot read EVERY POST in EVERY FORUM and until NOW nobody bothered to report it thus bringing it DIRECTLY to my attention.Don't bitch about the language being posted and then quote it. It only makes it HARDER for me to track down all the quotes trying to delete them. FINALLY today someone reported the post and it was acted on quite quickly.

Although I agree about the choice of words I suspect those very same words are heard many times a day in real life unless you live in a monastery. Better not let the kids watch television or listen to rap music (if it can really be called music) or even overhear anyone in a mall or on the street then. Leave here if you want but I can GUARANTEE you that his choice of words is not accepted here and if it was all that upsetting to you why did you not report it earlier? It went 19 days......nineteen days......without any further comment until YOU brought it up again. It should have rolled down and off the main page by then. Something to think about. Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?