• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Found this on AliExpress..

Magnum once made a 10 meter handheld that was pretty cool. You could convert it to 11 meters and If I remember correctly, it even had ssb. Those were the Sam Lewis days, before Stryker was even on the scene.

Like everything else they made that was cool, they were only produced for a very short time.

Oh nice!! This would be the one to have. And with SSB, oh yeah!!
I'd like to have something like this and will keep my eyes and ears open. I'm going to guess that if there was one to be found, they would want serious cash for it.

Reactions: Eldorado828
Reactions: Enterprise312ok
Oh nice!! This would be the one to have. And with SSB, oh yeah!!
I'd like to have something like this and will keep my eyes and ears open. I'm going to guess that if there was one to be found, they would want serious cash for it.
Actually using an HT on 27mhz would be an adventure in frustration.

I have the President Randy and with the supplied flexible antenna it is great for talking from the drivers seat to the passenger seat. If trying for someone outside the vehicle just hang your head out the window and yell. I have never tried it connected to an external antenna, that would most likely solve the problem.

• Haha
Actually I talked to another member here, he was using a ssb hand held and external antenna.

Coal City Illinois to Central California, that's not bad for 8 or 10 watts, the band was blown open so its not that surprising but it works.
Bill used to work dx with a ft 817 and a miracle whip and that radio only does 5 watts on ssb.
It's a ssb radio, and while not a dual final export they do work.
While limited by the supplied duck antenna if you screw it to some coax and a full size antenna they can be fun when the band is open.
They used to make ssb handhelds for ham bands like 15 meters, 11 meters and others, I got pictures posted of some the old talkies here somewhere.

Jeff

Yep, just what I thought. A used Magnum 1012 for $1,000.00 on ebay.
I'll keep looking.

Surprised that didn't have the yellow towel underneath it!

JD

• Haha

Don't know if they are still available, you would have to contact UK vendors to see if there is any stock.
That is the last current SSB handheld I am aware of.

Jeff

Reactions: Brother DXer

Don't know if they are still available, you would have to contact UK vendors to see if there is any stock.
That is the last current SSB handheld I am aware of.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff! I'll check it out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated