• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fraudulent unemployment claims - FYI

Big Kahuna

Jul 31, 2008
This is a huge problems coming to light in our state. My wife and I are both employed but just found out yesterday false claims were filed with our SSN. You don't know until you get a letter or your employer receives the claim and with the massive amount of claims happening it could take over a month before you are notified.

Thousands of fake claims filed in March in our state. Our state lost over a million $ last month and that was before they even knew this was a big problem...they likely will be reporting millions lost and thousands upon thousands of fake claims.

I'm hearing reports about this in other states as well so I have a feeling this is a nationwide attack and I'm guessing we will be talking millions of fake claims discovered.

China stole 147 million ID's from Experian in 2017. Who else could file hundreds of thousands of fake claims in a month? You'd need an army of hackers submitting all of the claims and you'd need access to millions of stolen SSN's.

To what purpose? Steal billions of dollars? Cause chaos because unemployed people won't be able to file claims if a claim already exists? Seems like whatever the purpose it's working.

This is going to hit the news big time in the coming weeks. State governments are so stupid and slow. CIA, FBI, and secret service should have been on this immediately.

I have not been working or when working work 1 day a week. Been living on my own money, my savings for 7 weeks. In my state you can not even get through to unemployment.

I understand that the Fed dollar that you can collect on top of your unemployment came with a catch. The state now sends the data to the feds to cross check the SSN. This is exposing a lot of "stolen" SSN's that the state would not know.

Hopefully, but probably not, this will catch a lot of people that use stolen SSN's IE. illegal aliens.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.