• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FREE DIGITAL VHF/HF

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
HI GUYS;
I ran across this the other day and it is free, and the setup time is 3 minutes or less, works great even has a mailbox and beacon...
experimenting with the UZ7HO sound modem using BPSK 300 on 10145 LSB (10141.6 USB ), with a center frequency of 1700 Hz.

If you care to give it a whirl, you may be surprised at just how effective BPSK can be. We are decoding each other at below S1 signal levels as registered on our rigs, and very consistently. That's about a 900 mile trip between us.

To find the UZ7HO sound modem, download:

UZ7HO Sound Modem

This is a WINDOWS only program, but runs perfectly well under Wine in Linux. I did NO setup to get it to function under Wine. This is particularly true if you use a Signalink or similar sound card device since there is no RS-232 to get working.

Simply unzip to a folder of your choice and run soundmodem.exe. Setup is trivial. Select your sound card under "Setup/Devices" and select your modem for channel A under "Setup/Modems". The one we are using is "BPSK AX.25 300bd"

I suggest you also grab:

UZ7HO EasyTerm

Which is a nice terminal and mail drop program from the same author. Connect gives you kb to kb. Connect to the other guy's mailbox SSID gives you the mail drop capabilities you are used to with HW modems.

DOCTOR/795

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.