• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FREECELL! Where is my stuff! Waiting since Jun 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, lets not let this get out of hand. The issue is between two individuals; others should not be piling on. We have a feedback tool that people can use for legitimate transaction feedback.

In the dealings that I have had with Freecell, he has always been straight up. I know that NOS Francis Amazer antennas are VERY VERY HARD to come by now-a-days. I've been trying for months to locate 8 amazers, and so far have only come up with 4. As far as the antenna mounts go... what good are they without the antennas?? Calling someone a "CROOK" when you've never had any dealings with him, or even spoken to him is not right.

Well it seems that its all being taken care of which is a good thiong for both parties involved as far as time and the way it was done each person will take into consideration in different ways so with that Im glad Pump that its being taken care of.

Ive had simular issues with other techs I have 2 2510 and a 2970 and 2990 that need fixing and I HATE SENDING ANYTHING OUT but sometimes we have to I know roger bird is a 2510 god and as far as the RCI Im not sure where the hell to send them I was told Dave (DTB) is a genious with these chassis.

I almost sent these out a few times but everytime I want to ship them to someone I get mixed feelings from people with OMG dont send it there blah blah blah you all know how that goes. Ill have to research a bit I want these radios fixed and may keep a1 or 2 and sell the others but they have to be spot on because they will be used on 10 meters ETC SO THEY HAVE TO BE DONE RIGHT. Anyways glad to see you guys have settled this.

DTB is all right, just doesn't answer inquiries.

Must be quite busy.

I had him do work one time, very good.

*** UPDATE ***

Test of freecell's work (alignment) on my Realistic CB radio completed.

In the words of the broadcast engineer that evaluated this radio "this guy knows what he is doing"

Test was done on a Hewlett Packard 8921A scope. cost new: $20,000.

NOTE: TX Scope and Spec. Analyzer pics Modulated 1k Tone @5.0mV

Pics:

Radio on the "bench"
TRC453AtBenchMedium.jpg

Radio transmit and watts on LSB Scope Tune freq was 27.186.000 actual radio output= 27.185.774 @20.9 watts
TXTestLSBMedium.jpg

Radio transmit and watts on USB Scope tune freq was 27.182.000 actual radio output= 27.182.758 @20.7 watts
TXTestUSBMedium.jpg

Radio transmit and watts on AM Scope tune freq was 27.184.500 actual radio output= 27.184.031 @9.68 watts 98.9 % modulation (AMC switch pushed in (lo power)
TXTestAMwToneMedium.jpg

scope pattern from above test on AM with AMC switch pushed in (lo power)
TXTestAMwToneScopeMedium.jpg

splatter test from above (clean) with AMC switch pushed IN (lo power)
TXTestAMwToneSpecAnalyzerMedium.jpg

Awaiting more tests to complete.

Awesome Job Jack! Your alignment has passed a broadcast engineers test. On the money :)

Looking back at my test with the kenwood VS the above scope readings:

SCOPE LSB was set at 27.186.000 Realistic radio output was 27.185.774

My test : KENWOOD LSB was set at 27.025.00 Realistic radio output was 27.024.76

SCOPE USB was set at 27.182.000 Realistic radio output was 27.182.758

My test: KENWOOD USB set at 27.025.00 Realistic radio output was 27.024.70

Conclusion:

My kenwood looks like it needs a slight alignment. Or does it? Comments?

Now that I got the "real deal" test results I conclude that Jack (Freecell) knows what he is doing.
Would I send another radio to him? ** Yes

** Only if he can work out his turnaround time issues and shorten the customer wait from 6 months + and trim it down to at least 2 weeks max. THEN i would consider sending him more of my stuff.

Last edited:
if you're going to do any more testing then have him set the tune mode for manual and use these tune frequencies to determine measurement error. increase audio generator input from 5 - 30 mv..

TRC453 @ Ch. 19

LSB 27.183800
AM 27.185000
USB 27.186200

the counter will read the measurement error directly.
thanks.

I wish 99% of the rest would take technical standards serious. Wouldn't have all these class c splatter boxes out there.
Anyways looks like Freecell aligned the Realistic right on the money.

I will agree.

It really doesn't make any difference how good or how how many technical standards that a man has, if he doesn't take of business what good is he.

If ya live in a glass house, don't throw stones...and he is really good at rock chunking...don't ya thunk.

Still waiting for freecell to ship my (3) Francis amazer ANTENNAS, (2) antenna mounts and (1) DP 50 mic.

Will update this when he ships.

Still waiting for freecell to ship my (3) Francis amazer ANTENNAS, (2) antenna mounts and (1) DP 50 mic.

Will update this when he ships.

been watchin this thread closely

wise up ,"PUMPHOUSE "
you got took , it aint the first time , it wont be the last !

im sorry this happened to you

as long as there is 11 mtrs and people who think that they can make
a living at it , then there will be scams

its a shame that some people want to try to support their family
on the radio arts .or put their kids through college ;-)

but then again , having come up through that , i have realized
(as P.T Barnum said , " Theres a sucker born every minute " )
there are a ton of self professed 11 mtr techs ,who claim to
"Bring That Swing "

Chalk it up to another deal gone bad , and stop calling this guy up !!!!!

it's pretty obvious that you guys are at odds ,
and this is getting OLD!

take your lumps and learn to not deal with 11 mtr SHAMANS !!!
while there are a lot of guys who know their SHIT !!!
there are just as many who think that
overmodulation and big power is the "way to go "

theres a whole nother world out there , (kinda like Texas )

let this go !!! learn from it , and move on !

( i know , ive been burnt a couple of times )

we'll be here to help you !!!!!!

73's

been watchin this thread closely

wise up ,"PUMPHOUSE "
you got took , it aint the first time , it wont be the last !

let this go !!! learn from it , and move on !

While I agree with some of what you said, dropping it and letting it go should not be an option....

If he had done what you suggest, he would most likely not have gotten the radio, and perhaps staying on top of things will get the deal finalized...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.