• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Frequencies

KJ4VRQ

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Sep 9, 2013
What are some typical frequencies that you guys keep stored in your memory banks?

I have things such as the call frequencies for 10 meters and other bands. I have most of the SSTV and PSK frequencies for the different bands and certain frequencies for nets that I might check into....

The only place I might find programmable memories handy on hf would be 60 meters. A VFO works so much better.
Rich

Yes, to help us with all those confusing things like channels, frequencies and iambic pentameter.

Repeater settings and 60m channels is about all I keep in memory locations.

Iambic pentameter isn't that confusing. Bill Shakespeare (GL0BE :D) did it well:

"Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
And all the clouds that lour'd upon our house
In the deep bosom of the ocean buried."

Repeater settings and 60m channels is about all I keep in memory locations.

Iambic pentameter isn't that confusing. Bill Shakespeare (GL0BE :D) did it well:

"Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
And all the clouds that lour'd upon our house
In the deep bosom of the ocean buried."

The Hee Haw gang did it even better:

Gloom, despair, and agony on me.
Deep, dark depression; excessive misery.
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
Gloom, despair, and agony on me!

Brett

on topic: I only use memory functions for VHF/UHF :)

VHF/UHF repeaters and 60M "channels" are the only places where you have to be on a specific frequency to transmit. That's what memory is for. In 1959 I had three crystals -- two for the Novice portion of 15cw and one for Novice 40cw. Far more often than not, replies to my CQs came back 10-15 KHz off those specific frequency, so listening carefully was important. A fellow Novice could only pick from his own crystals and use the one that was closest to my transmit frequency. The only replies that were anywhere NEAR "zero beat" with me were from Conditional/General and higher licensees who were using that wonderful thing called a VFO!

And that Hee-Haw song isn't iambic pentameter.

The quality of mercy is not strain'd.
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heav'n
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
It blesseth him who gives, and him who takes.
...The Merchant of Venice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2RT307
I wasn't worried about it being iambic pentameter. I just like to quote Hee Haw. lol :D

Seriously though, I need to look at programming the 60 meter frequencies in my new rig. Other than that, I usually just roll the VFO on HF.

Brett

What are some typical frequencies that you guys keep stored in your memory banks?

I have things such as the call frequencies for 10 meters and other bands. I have most of the SSTV and PSK frequencies for the different bands and certain frequencies for nets that I might check into....

60 meters channels and the MARS frequencies that I have to move back and forth between. Other than that, I really only use the memories on VHF/UHF radios.

Brett: Try these setting for your Ftdx3000

Try these settings
108=14
109=11
110=3
168=500
169=5
170=8
171=1100
172=8
173=10
174=1700
175=9
176=6
Proc/ON...Lvl 10-33....Rage chew w/amp (13)....Barefoot (33)
Mic EQ/ON.... Mic Gain Lvl 7 - 10

Last edited:
Those are where mine are running presently...
Oh couple more!
104=3000WB
Using: Heil Gold Elite...tubular boom no shock mount
If you like VOX (all I use)
181=10
183=90
Acts like a noise gate set this way, makes you close talk the mic,
does not pick up back round garbage....Keeps down the false trips pretty good...

If you have a CW key...turn on 059
This will let you tune your amp with carrier without changing mode switch simply by pressing(closing) the key...Cute trick!
Enjoy
Looking forward to working your new rig
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated