• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ft 450d and a LDG auto tuner ?

Oatmeal

Mar 22, 2009
West Virginia..
Like to no if any you guys are running a 450d with a LDG 100 Pro 2 auto tuner ?....
Been reading up on this, and have seen where it can be done, at least that's what I have seen, just interested in knowing if any you guys are running this combo, if so how does it work for you...

It's possible for sure Oatmeal. They sell the cable or it comes with the specified order per radio it's being used with and the 450 should control it once hooked up together. Think that is how it works anyhow.

Well, I had talked to the guys at a well known dealer who sales this tuner and they told me this tuner wouldn't work on a FT 450d, and told me I would need to go to another tuner, so I did some research on it and come to find out yes tuner does work on this radio, was surprised they told me it wouldn't is all..

Last edited:
Well, I had talked to the guys at a well known dealer who sales this tuner and they told me this tuner wouldn't work on a FT 450d, and told me I would need to go to another tuner, so I did some research on it and come to find out yes tuner does work on this radio, was surprised they told me it wouldn't is all..

They probably make more money on the other tuner they were trying to sell you. LDG makes good products, and they seem to integrate well with just about any rig. I bought a Z-11 Pro II several years back, and wish I had bought the one you got, or the 200, which has an antenna switch built in for two antennas. Nice to have power and SWR meters on the tuner, which my Z-11 Pro does not.

Brett

Reactions: Oatmeal
I was looking at that MFJ 939, until I talked to a guy at one of the places who sales this stuff, and was really surprised what he told me.....and had a friend who recommended this tuner to me so I did the research on it and glad I bought this one.....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.