• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT 710 info ?

Doh. I don't know what I was searching last night but clearly it was wasnt correct. Suitably chastised. I wear the cone of shame. *edit* Ah. I was searching for the cable to an ARB 704 buffer. I misspoke. Still duncy.

intro-1553012958.jpg

Last edited:
In other FT710 news. Finally found the missing audio on AM.
I have to run the Turner +3 on AM @ 5/8ths on the Turner dial and the Inrad M629 on sideband.
Ordered switch box for mics so I don't have to keep unplugging or plugging.
Screenshot_20231115_164051_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
You all have not steered me wrong yet.
I was going to get a AL811 but you all said no no, you must have an AL80 and NOT the new one. Advice heeded. This will soon be on its way and my nearly new 4 pill base amp with brand new pills will soon go up on the for sale board.
Plate modulated one eyed monster bout to get down.

Screenshot_20231116_124958_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Love
Reactions: BC Coyote
You all have not steered me wrong yet.
I was going to get a AL811 but you all said no no, you must have an AL80 and NOT the new one. Advice heeded. This will soon be on its way and my nearly new 4 pill base amp with brand new pills will soon go up on the for sale board.

View attachment 66385
You have "chosen well" Young Jedi....
Now we need to start discussion on the new antenna FARM!
Many bands to plan for! :cool: :coffee:

PS: GO study

• Wow
Reactions: lonestarbandit

giphy.gif

• Love
Now we need to start discussion on the new antenna FARM!
Yes Jedi Lonestar! You must immediately commence enticing your wife with stories of the glorious multi-tower antenna structures you are contemplating ! They will be tall things of great beauty festooned with wires, beams, cables, guy wires, rotors and many other fabulous treasures ! Mwahahahahahaha !

• Haha
So.... like it looks now but worse....already have beam on one side of the house at about 25 foot to the boom and Imax on the other side also 25 foot to the base... with their associated coax runs.......
This should be an easy sell.....NOT.

Oh god... I'm gonna need rohn towers and concrete oh my.... but we're getting ahead of myself .... haven't even passed the practice tests yet lol

Reactions: BC Coyote
@BJ radionut I bought the HAMSTUDY app been studying but wife totaling the car etc put a crimp on spare time atm lol
Almost backed out of amp deal with this car mess but I gave the guy my word so I went ahead with it anyway sort out the finances later lol

Last edited:
Reactions: BJ radionut
@BJ radionut I bought the HAMSTUDY app been studying but wife totaling the car etc put a crimp on spare time atm lol
Almost backed out of amp deal with this car mess but I gave the guy my word so I went ahead with it anyway sort out the finances later lol

You shouldn't have to purchase anything to study for your Tech exam. My YL used hamexam.org and the KB6NU Study guides. (Tech guide is FREE). She passed her Tech thru Extra with only 1 or 2 missed on each exam. The General and Extra exam study guides are $10.

Linkage:

https://www.kb6nu.com/study-guides/
https://hamexam.org/

Just be sure to create an account with hamexam.org so it "remembers" you. It will test you accordingly as you move through the practice exams.

As others have commented, with your Tech license you'll be able to use that FT710 on 10m (28.000-28.300 (CW, digital) & 28.300-28.500 (phone) and the entire 6m band. 10m has been hopping lately, especially 10m FM. (You'll need your General to operate there). Been hearing the 10m repeater in NY (Manhattan) down here in Texas almost daily on 29.620. As I type this, the repeater is +40 over 9 here into East Texas.

Good luck and congrats on the FT710. I've heard nothing but good about it. I'm a die-hard Kenwood guy and that's all I have in the shack except for an Anytone 578 and a McKinley 11m rig. The Inrad mics are nice. I have two with the DMS-1 base, the M629 and M626. I get unsolicited comments on how good they sound. My Heil Pro7 headset gets comments too... "Sounds like a damn DX contesting mic". So, it only gets used in phone contests. :giggle:

73!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.