• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ft 757gx ...help

Nov 2, 2013
I have recently came across a 757 and it not transmitting on 11 mtrs ..is there a reset button for these radios ..or do I have to open it up /or is there a wee conversion I can do myself .

thanks

The stock 757 will not xmit on 11 meters, it a ham radio not a CB. Luckly if you do want to use it on 11 (illegal) there is a switch on the inside that needs to be set. Google it or someone else here can tell you.

thank you sir ...im selling the radio and the guy [bad rascal :) ]want it for 11 mtrs ...I will have a look at that ..much obliged ..

don't laugh ...I done the switch ..all good , then was txing on her ..and blew something ..no smoke or smell ..realised I was txing with high swr ..and power was maxed out [100 w] ...after all these yrs ..some people will never learn ...!!!??

is it possible it may just be a diode blown ? the rx is down a little too !!

dumbo [billy]

Sorry to say but:
High SWR
+Max Power
+AM Mode
Normally Equalls...FIZZ goes the Final and Driver...='s Couple hundred $$ repair bill
Hopefully Not:sad:
But seen it before...
Good Luck
All the Best
Gary

it was on ssb ...am afraid you might be right sir ...someone else said it might just a have been the 11mtr filter that's gone ..because the rx went down v low to ..I can still receive signal and sound just lower signal ..!!

any ideas ??

dumbo the dude ..

That radio has no filter for just 11m. It uses bandpass filters. You may have blown something in the 10m filter section. Some radios do not like to be operated out of band. What kind of power output does it have on the different bands? Is the receive low on all bands? There is a small light bulb that acts as a fuse in the front end and if that blows the receive is low on all bands.100 watts is not a lot but it is a LOT more than a CB and things react differently under high SWR conditions.

Lesson #1-If you are not sure what you are doing ask before proceeding.

Lesson #2- Always check your SWR.

You may have just made a very expensive mistake if you took out the finals.

Reactions: 1 person
Lesson #1-If you are not sure what you are doing ask before proceeding.

Lesson #2- Always check your SWR.
You may have just made a very expensive mistake if you took out the finals.

how is the RX on say,.... 20 meters?

can you load the transmitter into a dummy load on other bands?

mr kilowatt ...I like your style sir ..say it how it is , and that is exactly how I feel ..daft , stupid ..and well more stupid ...!

this bulb your talkin about ..is it inside the radio amd where do I locate the said bulb ..?

you know am lookin for a way out of this mess ...[say it how it is ]..

and thanks for your input sir ..

what chance do I have of becoming an amateur ?? ...don't answer that one please..

regards ...

mr squawker ...thanks for being gentle with me ..am gonna try the radio again tomorrow ..and have a wee look at what you have said ..

thanks sir for your input also ..

am learning ..albeit the costly way ..!!

regards ...billy

I seriously doubt there's anyone here that hasn't poofed something and said, "hey, what's that burning smell" at least ONCE in their radio career. :laugh: I thought I knew quite a bit until I started coming here... and I continue to learn more stuff all the time. That's the fun part of it. Hope you get her fixed and back on the air soon.

Brett

Reactions: 1 person
thanks brett ...am really pissed off about that , but am still livin and still learning ..its no biggie ..I will be more gentle with the 897 ...but i do love that wee yaesu ..like a brother .!

she will be back ..stronger , better , like new !!

regards sir ..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.