• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ft 757gx ...help

I seriously doubt there's anyone here that hasn't poofed something and said, "hey, what's that burning smell" at least ONCE in their radio career. :laugh: I thought I knew quite a bit until I started coming here... and I continue to learn more stuff all the time. That's the fun part of it. Hope you get her fixed and back on the air soon.

Brett

Ask me about the time I used my Kenwood R-1000 receiver as a dummy load for my Icom IC-735. :cry: On second thought........don't.

Best thing to do is check power out on a couple different bands as well as receive on a couple bands.

Reactions: 2 people
Ask me about the time I used my Kenwood R-1000 receiver as a dummy load for my Icom IC-735. :cry: On second thought........don't.

Best thing to do is check power out on a couple different bands as well as receive on a couple bands.

Ok, but only if you won't ask me about the time I was tuning up my FT-101E through a neat Digital Sport Systems 1011 base amp. It was a little two pill, designed to take 5 watts input, 100-125 out. Clean little amp that I scored on one of those typo errors on Ebay for 40 bucks. It had pretty good filtering in it, and ran two MRF455's. Sounded great on SSB with a low input rig to drive it. At least, it used to. What's that burning smell? :laugh:

Brett

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.