• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT-840

I just got an e-mail newsletter from AES and they are listing the FT-840 @ the "Closeout" price of $599.99 :roll:

I thought you could buy it new at a non-close out price for less than that, but maybe I am mistaken.

HRO has the yaesu ft-840 for $579.99...............go figure :p
I also recieved email from AES with closeout special on FT-840 so it sounds like it's being discontinued :?:

I just bought an FT-840 today from HRO. $579 free shipping and no tax. Gigaparts had them for 529,,,,,they sold FAST.

HRO had 3 left :shock:

That sucks I have 2 of these FT-840 and there nice radios one has FM board AM filter and TCXO4 installed and the other Just the AM filter but none the less great little radios and very simplified as far as using. I figured that this ws happening when it was hard finding some of the filters and such... I have also been seing alot of these forsale. Are people getting scared that the parts are no longer available incase repair is needed??? They still repair the 890 and 747 which is what these 840 are a run off from

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.