• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT-8800 Extended TX and RX Mod

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
( this mod is from Bill, WD5JFM)

I just recently purchased a FT8800 and could not find any mod for the freq CAP/MARS modification: Called Yaesu 8-22-03 and said that it would be around 2 months before it would be released.
I took the 8 screws off of the top and sides of the unit. Located the main CPU and on the left side approximately the same location as the FT8900 are 6 spaces next to the case. One Resistor/Diode at the front toward the panel and one at the rear most position toward the back of the unit.

I took it on myself to unsolder the front as it was similar too the 8900 and left the rear one in tact.

IT WORKED; powered the unit up and it went through the entire reset like the 8900. NOTE: The resistor/diode when unsoldering I used a very low wattage soldering iron with a ground strap from the iron too the case of the radio. It works flawlessly.

Jeff

Attachments

• ft-8800-trx.jpg
    ft-8800-trx.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,885

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.