• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT 901DM

You'll like it RF-68 ... A very good rig overall, Congratulations! I have heard a few on the air although I never owned one... And they all sounded good.

You'll definately like your new toy as long as it is clean and some backyard tech wasn't in it fooling around...

the 101zd 901dm amd 902dm all can sound as smooth as silk on ssb, these where my first digital readout ham sets and at the time i loved them with a passion, my buddy used one with a pieka microphone and his audio was superb by anybody's standards, better than i have heared him on any of his modern hf gear, they are a true opperators radio not a turn on and go job but if the one you have is a good one you will love it, good luck.

Either one will serve you well... I think the 101 edges the 901... But their all good... And I am sure when you get up after a day at the radio... You'll have nothing but smiles on your face!

High Miler said:
Either one will serve you well... I think the 101 edges the 901... But their all good... And I am sure when you get up after a day at the radio... You'll have nothing but smiles on your face!

I'm sure I will !!!!!!! Mike :D

I have been watching e-bay and there sure is a lot of 101's for sale...That must have been one popular radio in its day because there are a boat load of them out there !!!!!!! Mike :shock:

Yes they were ... Some of the best of their time, as well as now for that matter.... I buy Yaesu because it's a very good radio... Both old&new...

The FT 101 was one of the most popular radios of it's time... That's why you can find so many today... Compared to the Kenwood TS 520,TS 530,TS 820 TS 830 so on and so forth...

You'll be just as happy with your 901... Same Yaesu Quality!

I have run many of the 101 series radio, Great on both SSB and AM, the Rigs today have many advanced features never dreamed of back then....but they can still be heard on the bands(s)
Yaesu History

More from the Fox Tango club

NW2M PAGE

The FT 101 TT You never seen a Rig like this!!!!!!!!
Click Here--FT101TT--Click Here

SommerKamp ??FT277E
Naw its Just a Yaesu
No it says SommerKamp...LOL
Read on.

Jeff[/img]

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.