• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT3DR or D74 for APRS

Sorry to hear about the trip. Good that you're keeping occupied. There's much difficulty in my area,as well.

Stay safe and healthy.
Stay safe and healthy as well.
Back to my current radio. I find it hard to really check out it APRS potential since I ave no digipeaters close by. :(
I guess I can program as much stuff as possibly in.

Software for which radio?? I have 3 HT's right now. Icom commercial, V-86 and the FT3DR.
Comm 1 came programmed as I requested, V-86 needs some repeaters plunked into it, FT3 will be today using factory software.

Reactions: Mudfoot
I have had the yaesu ft-3d for several months and the aprs works great for my use,, playing around this morning and sent a message to the ISS digi-repeater and with just the radio plugged into a mobile antenna on the roof of the garage, made the trip.

also the Bluetooth works great,, but don't buy the yaesu headset,, get the Plantronics it is 10x better than the yaesu Bluetooth earpiece
IMG_3219.jpg
IMG_3220.jpg
IMG_3218.jpg

Reactions: Mudfoot
I have had the yaesu ft-3d for several months and the aprs works great for my use,, playing around this morning and sent a message to the ISS digi-repeater and with just the radio plugged into a mobile antenna on the roof of the garage, made the trip.

also the Bluetooth works great,, but don't buy the yaesu headset,, get the Plantronics it is 10x better than the yaesu Bluetooth earpiece View attachment 36229 View attachment 36230 View attachment 36232

I had the 2DR. Did you have it prior to this one. If so, do you find it worth the upgrade?

I had the 2DR. Did you have it prior to this one. If so, do you find it worth the upgrade?

this was my first yaesu ht, so I cant comment on that,, I got the ft-3d for the Bluetooth option and stand alone APRS function, also the system fushion digital is way easier to use than other digital modes on a repeater, after you have the repeater frequency and tone/offset programmed in you just push the wires-x button and your in.

also compared to other ht's that I have had,, the battery life on the yaesu ft-3d is amazing

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.